Switch to full style
Primary discussion forum. Also, feel free this use as a hangout for fans of the funny non-story based comics.
Post a reply

Hobbit Movie *Spoilers Ahead*

Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:06 am

I'm surprised that there isn't a thread already for this movie so I'll start it.

Why the fuck did Peter Jackson feel the need to have some stupid fucking pale orc be the "main antagonist" of the movie?

Re: Hobbit Movie *Spoilers Ahead*

Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:03 pm

Because he's mentioned in The Silmarillion, as is Radagast the brown it's just Jackson's amped up these characters to fill out the story a little more for it to make a decent trillogy. I personally think Smaug is the antagonist still and this white orc is just like the Orc generals in LOTR.

Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:57 pm

He's not mentioned in The Silmarillion actually. He's mentioned in the Appendix of LotR when the history of the Dwarves is being discussed and is supposed to have been killed 100 years before the events of The Hobbit.

Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:28 pm

WiNg0o wrote:I'm surprised that there isn't a thread already for this movie so I'll start it.

Because we've been talking about it in Spam.

Archrival wrote:Radagast the brown

He's also in Fellowship of the Ring, if I recall correctly. I believe he brings a message to Gandalf to go and see Saruman.

Doesn't this Hobbit include some notes and drafts that wasn't included in the published book?

Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:30 pm

Ya, it's including elements from LotR's appendices as well as some thing published in The Unfinished Tales
Post a reply