Hobbit Movie *Spoilers Ahead*

Primary discussion forum. Also, feel free this use as a hangout for fans of the funny non-story based comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Hobbit Movie *Spoilers Ahead*

Postby WiNg0o » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:06 am

I'm surprised that there isn't a thread already for this movie so I'll start it.

Why the fuck did Peter Jackson feel the need to have some stupid fucking pale orc be the "main antagonist" of the movie?
I Killed the Boss

Re: Hobbit Movie *Spoilers Ahead*

Postby Archrival » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:03 pm

Because he's mentioned in The Silmarillion, as is Radagast the brown it's just Jackson's amped up these characters to fill out the story a little more for it to make a decent trillogy. I personally think Smaug is the antagonist still and this white orc is just like the Orc generals in LOTR.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Tuor » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:57 pm

He's not mentioned in The Silmarillion actually. He's mentioned in the Appendix of LotR when the history of the Dwarves is being discussed and is supposed to have been killed 100 years before the events of The Hobbit.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:28 pm

WiNg0o wrote:I'm surprised that there isn't a thread already for this movie so I'll start it.

Because we've been talking about it in Spam.

Archrival wrote:Radagast the brown

He's also in Fellowship of the Ring, if I recall correctly. I believe he brings a message to Gandalf to go and see Saruman.

Doesn't this Hobbit include some notes and drafts that wasn't included in the published book?
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:30 pm

Ya, it's including elements from LotR's appendices as well as some thing published in The Unfinished Tales
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Return to Snafu General Discussion