Switch to full style
Primary discussion forum. Also, feel free this use as a hangout for fans of the funny non-story based comics.
Post a reply

Re: Disney buys Star Wars

Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:14 pm

Blood Lord wrote:Yeah, not some whose too cheap to buy stabilizers for his camera.

Heh Didn't even know about that.

Re: Disney buys Star Wars

Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:48 pm

Well, Lucas doesn't have his hands on it anymore. This could be a good thing.

Re: Disney buys Star Wars

Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:59 pm

Lays off Lucasarts employees and cancels starwars 1313... i'm pissed

Re: Disney buys Star Wars

Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:06 am

Well, maybe with LucasArts gone Telltale can buy the licenses and give me games I actually want to play.

Re: Disney buys Star Wars

Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:14 pm

YesterdaysLingo wrote:cancels starwars 1313...

Thank God. I wasn't looking forward to this at all.

I do hope though that this isn't the end for all Star Wars games.

Yoshi wrote:Well, maybe with LucasArts gone Telltale can buy the licenses and give me games I actually want to play.

This.

Re: Disney buys Star Wars

Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:32 am

so do tell, how long until Disney buys everything else?, i mean, they own marvel comics and now Lucas arts... I'm wondering what else they can buy now...

i would not mind if Lucas arts re-released those games i heard so much about "Day of the tentacle" and "Maniac Mansion"

Re: Disney buys Star Wars

Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:14 am

I think disney shut down lucasarts

Re: Disney buys Star Wars

Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:49 am

Hell Princess Miko wrote:so do tell, how long until Disney buys everything else?, i mean, they own marvel comics and now Lucas arts... I'm wondering what else they can buy now...

Entertainment companies being bought by powerful media conglomerates was an ongoing trend over the last three decades. It's not just Disney, it's also Comcast, News Corporation, Viacom, Time Warner and Sony.

Almost all notable or successful American entertainment is owned by one of them:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_conglomerate

Comcast's influence is actually bigger than Disney's, and worrying because it especially affects Internet related bills.

Re: Disney buys Star Wars

Thu May 09, 2013 7:24 pm

I have to say that I don´t like much star wars but it´s interesting that they are making more movies that may change the plot of the story but unfortunately I hear that the seventh movie is about this people coming to the earth when there in Egypt with the pharaoh stuff and slaves :brickwall:

Re: Disney buys Star Wars

Thu May 09, 2013 8:43 pm

noxux wrote:I have to say that I don´t like much star wars but it´s interesting that they are making more movies that may change the plot of the story but unfortunately I hear that the seventh movie is about this people coming to the earth when there in Egypt with the pharaoh stuff and slaves :brickwall:

Were the hell, of all the false internet sources in existence, did you find that about? Is this even star wars you speak of? Because it never goes anywhere near earth, or even the milky way galaxy. Sorry I get really angry when someone says something stupid.

Re: Disney buys Star Wars

Thu May 09, 2013 9:16 pm

i was gonna point out that there's no way they'd go there because the series is clearly a sci-fi in the future but then i remembered...

"long long ago in a galaxy far far away"

Re: Disney buys Star Wars

Thu May 09, 2013 9:19 pm

Actually its "A long time ago in a galaxy far far away".

Re: Disney buys Star Wars

Thu May 09, 2013 9:23 pm

LONG LONG AGO IN A GALAXY FAR FAR AWAY

Re: Disney buys Star Wars

Thu May 09, 2013 9:43 pm

Grey wrote:
LONG LONG AGO IN A GALAXY FAR FAR AWAY

Please tell me that you're not that dense.

Re: Disney buys Star Wars

Thu May 09, 2013 9:50 pm

TheMadDoctor wrote:
noxux wrote:I have to say that I don´t like much star wars but it´s interesting that they are making more movies that may change the plot of the story but unfortunately I hear that the seventh movie is about this people coming to the earth when there in Egypt with the pharaoh stuff and slaves :brickwall:

Were the hell, of all the false internet sources in existence, did you find that about? Is this even star wars you speak of? Because it never goes anywhere near earth, or even the milky way galaxy. Sorry I get really angry when someone says something stupid.

Sorry if it I piss you of but I hear it from a friend that is a huge fan of star wars and also of lucasarts so that s why I mention it

Re: Disney buys Star Wars

Thu May 09, 2013 9:54 pm

noxux wrote:
TheMadDoctor wrote:
noxux wrote:I have to say that I don´t like much star wars but it´s interesting that they are making more movies that may change the plot of the story but unfortunately I hear that the seventh movie is about this people coming to the earth when there in Egypt with the pharaoh stuff and slaves :brickwall:

Were the hell, of all the false internet sources in existence, did you find that about? Is this even star wars you speak of? Because it never goes anywhere near earth, or even the milky way galaxy. Sorry I get really angry when someone says something stupid.

Sorry if it I piss you of but I hear it from a friend that is a huge fan of star wars and also of lucasarts so that s why I mention it

That doesn't make sense, how could such a big fan of star wars even think it could take place at earth? Then it wouldn't be star wars. Extragalactic aliens aren't very star wars, except the Yuuzhan Vong. And those crazies invaded the galaxy. I don't think anyone plans on leaving.

Re: Disney buys Star Wars

Thu May 09, 2013 10:01 pm

TheMadDoctor wrote:
noxux wrote:
TheMadDoctor wrote:
noxux wrote:I have to say that I don´t like much star wars but it´s interesting that they are making more movies that may change the plot of the story but unfortunately I hear that the seventh movie is about this people coming to the earth when there in Egypt with the pharaoh stuff and slaves :brickwall:

Were the hell, of all the false internet sources in existence, did you find that about? Is this even star wars you speak of? Because it never goes anywhere near earth, or even the milky way galaxy. Sorry I get really angry when someone says something stupid.

Sorry if it I piss you of but I hear it from a friend that is a huge fan of star wars and also of lucasarts so that s why I mention it

That doesn't make sense, how could such a big fan of star wars even think it could take place at earth?

It´s just something he hear about and I hope it´s not true but he hardly gets something wrong of star wars. He even bought a Star Wars kinetic game just to use his lightsaber

Re: Disney buys Star Wars

Thu May 09, 2013 10:07 pm

Yes and I played that game and the lightsaber combat sucked anyway and the racing was difficult to control and the only good thing really was the Rancor Rampage mini game.

Re: Disney buys Star Wars

Thu May 09, 2013 11:04 pm

TheMadDoctor wrote:
Grey wrote:
LONG LONG AGO IN A GALAXY FAR FAR AWAY

Please tell me that you're not that dense.
*video

This seems more like a insult towards Grey.

Re: Disney buys Star Wars

Fri May 10, 2013 4:59 am

My apologies. I did not intend such words when I realized he was a mod. I was half asleep and was doing this on my phone. But I was aware of the correct quote and I sought to correct him. And usually, I'm not afraid to make my statement. It was a rather obvious error that needed to be corrected and then he actually tried to defend it. That probably made me go a bit far with the insult.

Re: Disney buys Star Wars

Fri May 10, 2013 5:38 am

Well this thread took a nosedive abruptly.

Noxux, I'm certain you've either heard stuff that's made up, or you, or your info source, got it confused with some other franchise, perhaps Stargate.

TheMadDoctor and noxux, may I ask how old you guys are? To break the ice, I'm 26.

Re: Disney buys Star Wars

Fri May 10, 2013 5:41 am

Rival wrote:Well this thread took a nosedive abruptly.

Noxux, I'm certain you've either heard stuff that's made up, or you, or your info source, got it confused with some other franchise, perhaps Stargate.

TheMadDoctor and noxux, may I ask how old you guys are? To break the ice, I'm 26.

If I told you, you wouldn't take me as seriously. I prefer to have my statement heard.

Re: Disney buys Star Wars

Fri May 10, 2013 5:57 am

TheMadDoctor wrote:If I told you, you wouldn't take me as seriously. I prefer to have my statement heard.

I think you strongly overestimate how seriously I take you. But fair enough.

You not wanting to answer, is also kind of an answer.

Just for the record one of the posters I most respected in my time on these forums is 4.5 years younger than me.

Re: Disney buys Star Wars

Fri May 10, 2013 8:45 am

that's very nice of you to say, rival. i never knew you looked up to me that much.

Re: Disney buys Star Wars

Fri May 10, 2013 9:10 am

Grey wrote:that's very nice of you to say, rival. i never knew you looked up to me that much.

Image
Post a reply