Hated Cartoons

Primary discussion forum. Also, feel free this use as a hangout for fans of the funny non-story based comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Hated Cartoons

Postby Saint Soul » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:36 am

Princess Stuff wrote:Sonic X.

why? it was a good show.
"Small muscles, big brain, the heart of a lion."
—Anthony DiNozzo on Timothy McGee
User formaly known as Soulchild

Postby Grey » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:14 pm

Fievel wrote:Sonic Underground. There was something else, but I can't remember it.
sonic underground sucked but it had an awesome theme song
I'm NORML and I VOTE
Soul Silver Friend Code: 0260-2900-0828
Suave Brit

Sexiness: Godlike

Postby G-O » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:12 pm

top gear tony 666 wrote:
Joker-Undead wrote:
top gear tony 666 wrote:Fucking Ben 10.What an unlikable protagonist.

What makes you say that if you don't mind my asking?

The main character, Ben, is a rather mean spirited, unintelligent child. A strange part of me cannot watch a television program when there is a lack of someone to 'root' for, so to speak.

What I also mean is at the end of each episode when he "supposedly" learns a valuable life lesson, by the next he's an arrogant twat again, and the joke are about as funny as a bag of dead cats.

I know other may like that show, and hey if you do nothing against them, I just fell that way.

Yeah, I won't lie, I do like some episodes of Ben 10 but never understood why it lasted so long, It's understandable why he's arrogant as a kid (kids are kids) but once he became a teen... the show for the most part just became a monster of the week type of thing. He does explain why he is so arrogant in an episode (it's his way of coping with the fear of having any decision he makes leading to the death of others) but it's only like mentioned that one time.

Postby Acktoo » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:48 am

I can't say I hate any cartoons in particular. As far as I 'm concerned, many cartoons have both good and bad episodes. In fact, a well-written episode of a cartoon can easily make up for ten mediocre ones, in my opinion.

Anime, on the other hand... Woes would be had.
Too good for you.

Postby Yog » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:23 pm

Anime also has it's good and bad series.

For example, Steins;Gate is an amazing little science fiction series that I love with all my heart and soul. Kaiba is also quite phenomenal, as are a variety of different series. If you are looking for the well written stuff, the Seinen demographic has your fix, most of the time.

Anyway, back to the thread topic, I hated Squirrel Boy. That one especially, because for me, it seeme to be the beginning of the end, when it came to all the series I fell in love with.
Resident Old God

Postby Exodis » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:29 pm

Unlikable cartoons? Ummm... hmmm, well this is hard... oh! 2 words: Annoying. Orange. REALLY?! Make a bloody Youtube "sensation" and make it into a cartoon?! Well, why don't we get 2 girls 1 cup reactions a show too?! <--- doesn't make sense, I know...
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

Deemed as the best, Outlawed as the worst.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Universal Swordsman

Postby Saint Soul » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:08 am

since Fred went SOO WELL CN decided they could do the same.
"Small muscles, big brain, the heart of a lion."
—Anthony DiNozzo on Timothy McGee
User formaly known as Soulchild

Postby Mir@k » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:40 am

Why is it that whenever a meme wants to be monetized, they leave an old fuck with absolutely no knowledge of popular media to handle it? I'm a firm believer of memes and other commonplace internet media being monetized in a non obnoxious way, but so long as they stop giving the task of doing this to dinosaurs that have to look at teenagers from behind a two-way mirror to know what's "hip" and "cool" nowadays.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Exodis » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:25 pm

Another show I found very hateful: FUCKING. ANGELA. ANACONDA!!! "What the fuck is Angela Anaconda?" Okay, so many of us know Digimon, right? You know, the digital ripoff version of Pokemon? I like the show btw... Well, recently I found the movie in VHS form in a swap meet! I was like "Wow, the actual movie! $1?! I'm in!" So, after buyin' other wonderful junk, I went home, rewind the movie (Be Kind, Rewind you ungrateful bastards!) and hit play! Okay, movies from the 2000s, commercials, get over it! And then... it came. "Alright, time to wa-the hell? Oh, a cartoon! Alr-wait a tick... oh god... NOT THIS FUCKIN' SHOW!!!" Yes, it's "that show"... Angela Fucking Anaconda. If you're still confused wtf this show was, here's the wikipedia page. If you need more proof... here's a fuckin' Youtube video! God I hated this show...
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.

The Universal Swordsman

Postby Wulfespinndel » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:25 am

MY NAME IS ANGELA HEY HELLLOOOOO

Show had characters with fucked up teeth exodis! I swear, they do! Some of the shows on CN were like shit being thrown on my face. They never said anything about this! Like Chop Socky Chooks what the fuck LOL
"Where we are, there’s daggers in men’s smiles."
KR Series Finished: Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, OOO, Fourze, Wizard
Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby Exodis » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:09 pm

Rosso Rose wrote:MY NAME IS ANGELA HEY HELLLOOOOO

Show had characters with fucked up teeth exodis! I swear, they do! Some of the shows on CN were like shit being thrown on my face. They never said anything about this! Like Chop Socky Chooks what the fuck LOL

xD thank you! I know, some shows we're pretty weird as hell! I'm still baffled as to how these show's even made it after the pilot. Yeah, some of the weird shows were good like Rocko's Modern Life, The Angry Beavers, or Cat and Dog, but the others... holy crap. o.O

The Universal Swordsman

Postby Skull-Boy666 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:39 pm

I absolutely hate "Sanity Not Included" and I hate that it's popular.

It gives webcomics a bad name, it treats women like objects and I find the humor rather homophobic, 90% of the punchlines are about gay sex. If you only knew about homosexuals from this show, you'd think they where all blundering idiots who don't know better and should be pitied.

Also, the show has more bouncing boobs then Dead or Alive, they're also those really bad "webcomic girl stereotype" You know, the types that just wave their fingers at the boys horrible, unacceptable behavior, and just wright it off as "Oh, boys are just so silly, they wake up naked in my bed without a word, oh how quirky" and it's annoying.

Even putting aside how mean spirited it feels, the show also feels rather lazy. It mostly consists of sloppily put together Machinima, which most of which isn't funny, or SCREAMS at you to make a joke work, and they have 2 minutes of actual animation at the very end. The latest season is animated by Zeurel, who is a wonderful talent and I feel is wasted on this show, and I suspect is only doing it for the money (who can blame him) I can sense he doesn't put full effort into the show, and I notice he doesn't promote it himself at all, not even in his DA journals.

In Conclusion, I hate this cartoon, but won't judge others for liking it because I'm not a jerk, but feel bad that these Webcomic stereotypes still live on through it... sorry for the drive by critique, but I saw the opportunity and took it.

Alopunk wrote:I don't like "Johnny Test". :T

Oh, I am ALL OVER that mess, don't even get me started on what a rippoff of Dexter's Lab it is... oh hey, I forgot to include that in my favorite cartoons... Powerpuff Girls as well...
I'm in your house, touching your stuff

Postby Mir@k » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:04 am

Kinda lost me at "webcomics". The mere term needs no help in getting a "bad name".
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Exodis » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:15 am

A good webcomics, if I may say, has to be Cyanide and Happiness! Anyone agree? Don't know wtf is Cyanide and Happiness? Welllll.... click here!

Whoops, wrong link! lol here's the link!

The Universal Swordsman

Postby Skull-Boy666 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:29 am

Mir@k wrote:Kinda lost me at "webcomics". The mere term needs no help in getting a "bad name".

Fair enough, mine sure isn't perfect by any stretch of the word, but I'm at least trying. And I personally think Webcomics have come a long way, there's lots of amazing comics out now like The Meek or Bird Boy, I could list at least 10 comics that have heightened the standard, but I don't wanna take over the topic...

exodis6 wrote:A good webcomics, if I may say, has to be Cyanide and Happiness! Anyone agree? Don't know wtf is Cyanide and Happiness? Welllll.... click here!
Whoops, wrong link! lol here's the link!

That's a good example of a good humor comic :) I don't read enough humorist webcomics...

A little off topic, and I'm not trying to be a hater here, but you wanna know a game you can play with wordy Ctl+Alt+Del comics? Read the first and last panels, and it's almost the same joke.
I'm in your house, touching your stuff

Postby Mir@k » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:16 am

I know there are good webcomics, but it's like playing a game where any user can make a level, and then browsing through the sea of levels, most being replicas of other game levels (like the eponimous mario 1-1 level) to find a decently made one.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Jazzy Blitz » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:46 am

The secret mountain of fort awesome.... my god that was awful -_-
Jazzy C. Blitz
The only thing that stand between me and stupid people is this sentence.

Postby DeD8CeX » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:49 am

Adventure Time, that show disgusts me in every way.. I have tried multiple times to enjoy this, but I hate it so much ¬_¬
Space invaders? I'm gonna invade your space!.. wait, what?

Postby Archrival » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:46 pm

SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby DeD8CeX » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:47 pm

:'( :'( :'( :'(
Space invaders? I'm gonna invade your space!.. wait, what?

Postby Exodis » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:11 pm

Haha you're actually the first person I know that hates Adventure Time!

The Universal Swordsman

Postby Havoc » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:14 pm

The Super Mario Brothers Super Show.
Poorly animated, no plot what so ever, and all the jokes revolved around pasta puns.

By the way Archrival, the was the best response ever, nicely done.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:47 pm

Exodis6 wrote:Haha you're actually the first person I know that hates Adventure Time!

I'd agree with him/her/it, but I didn't even give it a chance. Just said "meh" and played more Gears of War.
If someone picks the connection out I'd be pleased.

Postby Mir@k » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:54 am

i would have liked adventure time more if the latin voice actors hadn't fucking ruined it for the first season.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:15 am

How bad were they?

PreviousNext

Return to Snafu General Discussion