NOT THAT ANYONE CARES BUT JAPAN VS USA WORLD CUP

Primary discussion forum. Also, feel free this use as a hangout for fans of the funny non-story based comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

NOT THAT ANYONE CARES BUT JAPAN VS USA WORLD CUP

Postby BobSagat » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:46 am

For women's soccer.

So I had to steal this shit off the internet to watch and my GAWD I AM IN TEARS. Never before have I been so thrilled by watching a sports game. NEVER.

I was all like This is beautiful.

So then I went on the internet to look this shit up.

Other than being the first Asian team to win a World Cup EVER (lolasia) I came across this article:

http://newsjunkiepost.com/2011/07/18/4- ... ccer-team/

And these tears of joy were turned to RAGE. Fuck Japan, why are you so sexist. Still, incredibly fucking touching, this is a real underdog story.
ImageImageImageImageImage
2pro

Re: NOT THAT ANYONE CARES BUT JAPAN VS USA WORLD CUP

Postby Jay » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:13 am

I caught the end of the game.

I was rooting for Japan, but man, that ultra fail penalty kick by the 2nd US player was painful to watch.
Internet Celebrity ToastCrust
Twitter | Transistor Glamor | FFXIV: Lenini Leni (Hyperion)
RP Mod of the 3rd Astral Era

Postby Rival » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:40 am

BobSagat wrote:And these tears of joy were turned to RAGE. Fuck Japan, why are you so sexist. Still, incredibly fucking touching, this is a real underdog story.

Let me add some "sexism" to that. The only football(soccer for you guys) that matters, is men's football. Women's football is a joke and the only countries who actually give a fuck about this tournament are Germany, Sweden and Norway.

The fact that a bunch of poorfag nobodies wins the championship might at first glance be read as a "cinderella story", but if a bunch of nobodies can defeat a decently paid professional team in supposedly the most important tournament in the sport, then that tells you volumes about how "professional" a sport it is.

Now I'm sure I'll be qualified as a sexist, but honestly I'm not. Things like Women's Tennis or Voleyball have a level of professionality that is pretty much equal to the men's version of the sport. Women's football just isn't there, it'll need decades to get anywhere close to how competitive men's football is. And that's a fact. The only reason this championship gets attention, is because the FIFA World Cup is the most watched sporting event in the world, so political correctness demands that this gets attention as well.

But hey congrats to them for winning. Japan is just as hypocritical as any other country, so I'm sure they'll pretend this win is a big deal, even though they didn't even bother to send a proper team over. Serbia keeps pretending Water polo(lol) is a big deal sport, too.
Stanisław Lem wrote:I hadn't known there were so many idiots in the world until I started using the Internet.

Postby BobSagat » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:59 am

Those are some excellent points, Rival.

FUCK YOU AND YOUR FACE.
ImageImageImageImageImage
2pro

Postby Grey » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:29 am

watching women's football reminds me of when i was first getting to grips with the controls for FIFA 98
Suave Brit

Sexiness: Godlike

Postby Sentios » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:50 am

>2011
>Caring about people kicking air-filled rubber around a patch of grass/astroturf

I seriously hope you guys don't do this.

For your daily dose of meme   
Wizard Status. 5 more years

Postby Icha » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:34 pm

Eh, it was an alright game. US missed so many damn goals, they deserved to lose. (It was so close though)
One time when I was high, I thought I was in an ambulance dying. Turns out I was just eating sherbert.
-stufflikehearts-

Postby Tuor » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:45 pm

I was glad to see the States lose.

Japan had a strong tournament.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Cascade » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:56 pm

North Korea got eliminated too early for me to have interest.
FUKKATSU

Postby Mr. Froggy » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:06 pm

Best Korea wasn't eliminated, Best Korea left the tournament.

Postby Tuburculosis » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:50 pm

JAPAN FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
親日家
Check out my Deviations
http://tuburculosis.deviantart.com/

Postby Tuor » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:54 pm

This topic is over a year old, please refrain from posting in topics that haven't been posted in for more than a few months. Thank you.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Return to Snafu General Discussion