Thor

Primary discussion forum. Also, feel free this use as a hangout for fans of the funny non-story based comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Thor

Postby Afternoon » Mon May 02, 2011 9:17 pm

I had my doubts about this movie; I didn't think it would be possible to take it seriously.
But for anyone who's on the fence, I encourage you to see it.
I have virtually no familiarity with the comic version of Thor, but the movie itself was
well paced, beautifully shot, engaging, exciting, and funny.
The movie really is a stepping stone for the Avengers. After the main characters are
introduced, most of the middle act heavily involves SHIELD's investigation in New
Mexico. And yes, there is a teaser after the credits.

Also, another Avenger is introduced, though he only plays a small role.

Re: Thor

Postby EagleMan » Tue May 03, 2011 12:43 am

Ah, Nova Scotia.

The movie's gotten phenomenal reviews, and for a comic book film, that's even more astounding.

But for some reason America has it released a week later than pretty much everywhere else.

Postby Calek » Tue May 03, 2011 1:28 am

How was Kat Dennings?
Signature Under Construction

Postby Afternoon » Tue May 03, 2011 12:08 pm

@ Eagleman: You assume I saw it in theatre. I'm promoting it here for the karmatic balance.

@ Calek: She didn't really have much to do. She mostly just provided the occasional quip.

Postby Tuor » Wed May 04, 2011 2:55 pm

How was Natalie Portman?
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Thu May 05, 2011 11:25 am

Same old quirky lass. Typical female cast just there looking, imo.

Is thor that childish? Freya acts like some typical house wife. I heard she's waaay better than that. And lol mythological inaccuracies.
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby Ro Wong » Thu May 05, 2011 11:33 am

Kusang_Manalo wrote:And lol mythological inaccuracies.

Well, Thor does get banished to the mortal world, then goes on to team up with a guy who names himself after an ant, and another guy in striped briefs with a star on his head. I doubt Marvel's too worried about being accurate to classic myths, really.
Demon of Elru

Postby Icha » Mon May 09, 2011 9:16 pm

One time when I was high, I thought I was in an ambulance dying. Turns out I was just eating sherbert.
-stufflikehearts-

Postby EagleMan » Tue May 10, 2011 11:12 pm

The movie was pretty good, had quite a bit of nice humor, pacing felt a little off but it was an enjoyable movie.

Postby NeoWarrior7 » Sat May 14, 2011 6:21 pm

You did not lie. Pretty damn awesome movie. I'd agree the pacing was odd. Still a little confused on what Loki wanted, but hey, trickery's his thing, so.

I also did kinda like what they did with Asgard, and the technology/magic stuff. Was wondering how they'd fit that into the new, more science-y view the recent movies have taken.

I noticed it was more of an origin movie. First's always are, but it made me wonder. Will the Captain America only take place during WW2, and end with him being frozen? How much of these characters is being saved for the Avengers movie?
For the Greater Good

Postby Remni » Sun May 15, 2011 9:04 am

Actually you did pretty much sum up what they plan to do with Captain America for Avengers. The entire movie takes place during WW2 and they most likely will freeze him until he's needed.

I'm also glad to see Loki will be back, as the actor playing him fit the part rather well.

As for the Avengers movie, we have Iron Man, Cap, Hulk and Thor, along with a few other parts yet to be announced. And as Afternoon said, another Avenger was in the Thor movie as well.    Hawkeye, the dude on the lift that was supposed to take out Thor with the bow.    And then of course, we also got to see Black Widow from Iron Man 2. So that makes 6 Avengers, not counting the main man, Nick Fury.
My Steam - Xbox GamerTag: TheSweedishChef
||The soul sheds light and death is it's shadow. When the light dims, life and death embrace.||
Fortunately Unfortunate

Postby EagleMan » Sun May 15, 2011 2:46 pm

Kinda odd that the guy from The Kids Will Be Alright is going to be the Hulk. But I suppose it's just odd merely for the replacement.

Postby Archrival » Mon May 16, 2011 9:03 am

The Warriors Three were the best damn characters in the thing, but then Heimdall blows them all away with badassery.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Nox » Sat May 28, 2011 4:30 am

One thing I'd like to say is that if you know a lot about norse mythology and not a lot about the marvel comic, then be prepared to keep an open mind. Preferably with a crowbar if you have one.

Postby Radical dreamer » Sat May 28, 2011 8:35 am

The movie was good, though the love thing between Thor and Natalie was....well typical and cheesy. But then again, that doesn't define a whole movie now does it.

Postby Nox » Mon May 30, 2011 9:15 pm

Radical dreamer wrote:The movie was good, though the love thing between Thor and Natalie was....well typical and cheesy. But then again, that doesn't define a whole movie now does it.

Unless they be cheek fleeks. This movie ain't. T'least that be what I come to believin'.

Return to Snafu General Discussion