Oh Yes, ME3!

Primary discussion forum. Also, feel free this use as a hangout for fans of the funny non-story based comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Oh Yes

Postby EagleMan » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:19 am

Why wouldn't there be? They can just have a personal one deactivated there. I mean that would mean they just decided to fly outside the whole galaxy all together into deep space. Seems more prudent to just have a Mass Relay there.

But they probably didn't think of this ahead in such detail. They're probably just taking guys like me and going "Yeah, of course that's what happened (cough)".

Postby Monkeys85 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:19 am

wow some hate for the title, I had just seen the trailer on TV and was really excited and didn't think about it.

But I gotta say that I enjoy WRPGs of this generation much more than J for several reasons, mostly because the voice acting sucks( though there are exceptions). Also it seems that most JRPG characters are prepubescent boys(Vaan for example...) and a lot of them are pretty emo. I did Enjoy JRPGs of the ps1 era like FF9 and 7, where the protagonists were fun, energetic and not angsty. The Ivalice Alliance games are all pretty sweet too, FFT is one of my favorite games as well as 12 being my favorite JRPG (Balthier FTW).

Now on ME3, I'm kinda disappointed but I see why Bioware had the reapers invade already, I mean both ME1 and 2 were leading up to this, not to mention the ending of ME2 where you can clearly see hundreds of reapers heading toward the galaxy kinda gave away what the 3rd installment was going to be about. ME2 was basically gathering allies(not just crew members) to fight the reapers, like the geth, the krogan, the quarians as well, not to mention the rachni, and depending on your choice the collector tech.

I think part of the game will be rounding up your allies and heading to earth to kill the reapers, I'm not sure how they'll do it, since one reaper basically destroyed an entire fleet...Though I trust Bioware not to do an asspull with that( Like Conrad saving Shepards ass and being a hero lol). What I'm curious about is the reaction of your ME1 romantic choice if you cheated in the 2nd. I'm also kinda thinking that if you played really renegade your going to be having a harder time since you fucked a lot of people over.

Postby Vegedus » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:14 am

Monkeys85 wrote:What I'm curious about is the reaction of your ME1 romantic choice if you cheated in the 2nd.

In my thinking, Ashley broke up with me when she refused to help me save the universe just because I worked with the bad, bad cerberus. She can't blame me for hitting up some hawt alien tail while she was dicking around with the alliance.

In all seriousness, though, I think you're giving Bioware a little too much credit. It's going to be this: If that character is recruitable in ME3, they're going to wail in a single conversation, and then you're going to get some choice on whether you're going to resume the old romance or pursue the current one. Everything else the same from then on. If they're not playable, they are going to wail on you during the single cameo they pop their head in for.

Dorian wrote:The people in this thread are retarded.

You feedback is invaluable to us, and I thank you for participating.
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

Re: Oh Yes, ME3!

Postby Dorian » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:41 pm

You're welcome.
Never asked for this

Postby Asis » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:08 pm

Monkeys85 wrote:What I'm curious about is the reaction of your ME1 romantic choice if you cheated in the 2nd.

Like Vegedus said, there are just too many variables to dedicate an appropriate time to each one in a single game. A few absences, a ten-seconds cinematic or five lines or dialog: I'm sure they'll spend no more than that.
I sure hope I'm wrong tho.

What I care about is not how will they make the reapers attack even though they should be sleeping, but how will they make the good guys win. To defeat a single one of them, they needed the navy of four different races. How will they stand a chance against hundred or even thousands of them?

Postby PunkyChipsAhoy » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:26 am

call me old fashioned, but I want to get serious with Miranda in the 3rd.

Once you did the PG nasty in the second, all you could do afterwards is have the same conversation you had with her right before it, and then have her in your room [like with any romantic interest].
A Pimp Named Jeezy Creezy: Lasting all the way up to Valentine's.

And the Pimpeth lord sat amidst his real ballin' players, the Apostles, and raisingeth his cup of Cristal as they devoured the grapes and cheese from the finest bitches in town he said

"Sleepery Dee, Sleepery Doo.
Whoever betrays me tonight, I'll mo'fuckin' cap you!"

Postby Vegedus » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:43 am

It happened at the end of Star Wars, so I don't see why not.

Why'd you want to get serious with Miranda I don't understand, however.

Postby Yoshi » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:24 am

When this rolls around near release time I'm going to play ME1, import to ME2, just so I have a fresh character for three.

Mass Effect pushes all my right buttons.
"Worst case scenario I'll get arrested for public nudity.
Best case scenerio I'll get arrested for public nudity with a boner. It's win win.
" ~ Dave
"Also Yoshi is the most important person in all of Australia." ~ Zepherin

Postby PunkyChipsAhoy » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:12 pm

Vegedus wrote:It happened at the end of Star Wars, so I don't see why not.

Why'd you want to get serious with Miranda I don't understand, however.

Because getting serious with a species that gets a really bad cold after having sex with you, and that you have no idea how they look like under the mask isn't that good of an idea. Miranda is, the in-game universe's, perfection of a female human. And I'll be damned if that sexy accent doesn't belong to me and solely to me.
A Pimp Named Jeezy Creezy: Lasting all the way up to Valentine's.

And the Pimpeth lord sat amidst his real ballin' players, the Apostles, and raisingeth his cup of Cristal as they devoured the grapes and cheese from the finest bitches in town he said

"Sleepery Dee, Sleepery Doo.
Whoever betrays me tonight, I'll mo'fuckin' cap you!"

Postby Vegedus » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:58 am

I was going to try and refute some of that, but then I realised it was getting shipping-wars-ish and now I don't wanna do it anymore.

Postby BobSagat » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:20 pm

Shepherd x Jack 4EVER!!!!
ImageImageImageImageImage
2pro

Postby Asis » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:41 pm

Yoshi wrote:When this rolls around near release time I'm going to play ME1, import to ME2, just so I have a fresh character for three.

Mass Effect pushes all my right buttons.

Heh, thought I was the only one. Just finished a Liara/Tali Male Paragon Run.
Luckly, ME 1 aged well.

Previous

Return to Snafu General Discussion