Christmas plans/presents?

Primary discussion forum. Also, feel free this use as a hangout for fans of the funny non-story based comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Christmas plans/presents?

Postby Tuor » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:31 am

why is that a problem?
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby zepherin » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:36 am

Never said it was just giving a statement.
Zeph do you ever tire of being perfect? ~Dave
Zeph is still awesome though. ~Rival
I love you so much right now Zeph. ~Yoshi
I love you Zeph. You and your simple yet humorous topic-breakers. ~Coos
Zeph has left me inspired. ~Mathias
Zeph is so awesome even soulless bits of binary worship him. ~Wizard
Curse YOU ZEPH! CURSE YOU! ~JesusChrist
WE ARE SORRY THAT WE ARE NOT AS PERFECT AS YOU, ZEPH! ~Stufflikehearts
Zepherin for forum queen and writer of the best seller "how to screw your brethen up for dummies". ~ The Mirak

Postby Tuor » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:39 am

Oh, haha. Cool beans
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Ace of Flames » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:57 pm

Another sale; another 3 games. Goldeneye 007, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, and Bully: Scholarship Edition, all for the Wii. Despite replacing one game for another and Goldeneye tricking me into thinking I need a Zapper (I cannot for the life of me figure out how to activate the Wiimote control setting. I can customize it, but the game always insists that I use the Gamecube controller, even as the default.), this has been the greatest track record for Christmas present gaming I can think of. Freaking 9 great games for under $200!
I am Michael the Dick-Stabber; I seek out rapists and other such perverts to stab them in the dick!
(Inspired by Twilight Princess)

Postby Asis » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:49 pm

360 slim, Black ops and Hot Pursuit.
One is the same thing I have right now, the other doesn't have the best thing of its predecessor and the latter lacks split screen. But hey, don't look a gift horse in the mouth, even if they decided to remove all of its teeth, hair and skin for no apparent reason and filled it with red warning LEDs.

Postby Ace of Flames » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:29 pm

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

The one time I feel like putting a new purchase off until after I'm allowed a full refund, and it freezes in the first two minutes. So much for that 9 good games, because I replaced the Sims 2 set with Epic Mickey, bringing it down to 7.
I am Michael the Dick-Stabber; I seek out rapists and other such perverts to stab them in the dick!

Postby PunkyChipsAhoy » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:19 pm

I can't tell are you killing Epic Mickey a bad game?
A Pimp Named Jeezy Creezy: Lasting all the way up to Valentine's.

And the Pimpeth lord sat amidst his real ballin' players, the Apostles, and raisingeth his cup of Cristal as they devoured the grapes and cheese from the finest bitches in town he said

"Sleepery Dee, Sleepery Doo.
Whoever betrays me tonight, I'll mo'fuckin' cap you!"

Postby Ace of Flames » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:14 pm

Do you know how to count? The Sims 2 set is 3 games that I know of, and I replaced all of them with Epic Mickey. Ergo, 9>7.

Postby PunkyChipsAhoy » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:38 pm

To be honest I wasn't interested enough in reading your post. I just saw Epic Mickey linked with a negative connotation so I thought you were calling it bad.

And the Pimpeth lord sat amidst his real ballin' players, the Apostles, and raisingeth his cup of Cristal as they devoured the grapes and cheese from the finest bitches in town he said

Postby Ace of Flames » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:10 am

I also got Deus Ex and Metroid Prime Trilogy off of Ebay. But MPT hasn't arrived yet and there's something wrong with the Deus Ex disc.

Postby Grey » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:40 pm

i got uncharted 2 for my brother
gonna put like an eighth in the box too
gonna get my mum some dumb angel thing (she honest to god believes angels exist and just fly about unseen or some shit)
my sister can go fuck herself but i'll get her a snood or somethin
guess its whiskey again for dad
I'm NORML and I VOTE
Soul Silver Friend Code: 0260-2900-0828
Suave Brit

Sexiness: Godlike

Postby Jay » Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:47 pm

If I can pull the right amount of scratch together... I might be able to get a like 1/5 scale action figure of Ezio for my little sister.
Internet Celebrity ToastCrust
Twitter | Transistor Glamor | FFXIV: Lenini Leni (Hyperion)
RP Mod of the 3rd Astral Era

Postby PunkyChipsAhoy » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:07 pm

My family is actually pretty giving. They don't expect my sisters and I to get them anything, and we don't really have the money to do so. For things like their birthday we like to give them gifts, the thing is that it's hard to shop for both of my parents since what they want they already have. If they see something they want, my dad buys it within minutes.

Postby Ace of Flames » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:14 pm

Grey wrote:My sister can go fuck herself...
So you're getting her a dildo?

Postby Jay » Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:40 pm

Jay wrote:If I can pull the right amount of scratch together... I might be able to get a like 1/5 scale action figure of Ezio for my little sister.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, just found out that it's $300. I was only expecting like $150~ =_=
Internet Celebrity ToastCrust
Twitter | Transistor Glamor | FFXIV: Lenini Leni (Hyperion)
RP Mod of the 3rd Astral Era

Postby PunkyChipsAhoy » Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:10 pm

just buy her a blow up doll and put a white hoodie on it. Then put a speaker inside, and make a really bad italian accent. Your sister will love it.

Postby Yoshi » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:35 pm

I am buying myself some Gin for Christmas. I'll need it when family rolls around.

As for presents for others, we've all decided only the little kids are getting (Cheap) presents. Having said that I'm giving my little sister $100 for a combined birthday/Christmas present and my little brother I will be paying for Soundwave tickets for an early birthday present.
"Worst case scenario I'll get arrested for public nudity.
Best case scenerio I'll get arrested for public nudity with a boner. It's win win.
" ~ Dave
"Also Yoshi is the most important person in all of Australia." ~ Zepherin

Postby Whatis6times9 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:42 pm

About 10 bands I really want to see on that lineup.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby zepherin » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:49 am

That is a pretty huge line up. Gin isn't very festive. You should go with rum or burben for the season.
Zeph do you ever tire of being perfect? ~Dave
Zeph is still awesome though. ~Rival
I love you so much right now Zeph. ~Yoshi
I love you Zeph. You and your simple yet humorous topic-breakers. ~Coos
Zeph has left me inspired. ~Mathias
Zeph is so awesome even soulless bits of binary worship him. ~Wizard
Curse YOU ZEPH! CURSE YOU! ~JesusChrist
WE ARE SORRY THAT WE ARE NOT AS PERFECT AS YOU, ZEPH! ~Stufflikehearts
Zepherin for forum queen and writer of the best seller "how to screw your brethen up for dummies". ~ The Mirak

Postby Whatis6times9 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:10 am

That lineup looks like 5 different people with 5 distinct tastes in rock booked it.

Irish whiskey could work for a seasonal thing or go with Tequila to completely go away from the season but stay festive.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Wulfespinndel » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:16 pm

Ace of Flames wrote:I also got Deus Ex and Metroid Prime Trilogy off of Ebay. But MPT hasn't arrived yet and there's something wrong with the Deus Ex disc.

Dude, Metroid Prime Trilogy's awesome. I got it during summer at GameStop Pre-Used.
"Where we are, there’s daggers in men’s smiles."
KR Series Finished: Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, OOO, Fourze, Wizard
Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby Alopunk » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:53 pm

I'm getting one of those retro-like headphones, new boots, and my friend recently gave me an early x-mas gift I'll open later. Not completely sure what to get anyone yet.

Was going to Mexico with family for the holidays, till we found out how bad it is over there with all the insanity and etc. Kinda sucks since most of my family lives there, and I don't really get along with most family here. So I guess my parents are just going to invite some relatives over on x-mas eve.
Lord Soth: ^ That one does have a fascination in making people more sparkly.
Sable: And here I thought the sparkles you added to everything was cocaine.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Not much of a punk.

Postby Ace of Flames » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:19 pm

Just a few seconds ago, I opened a present that I missed at the party two nights ago. It's a book called "Mysterious Oklahoma: Eerie True Tales From the Sooner State". It's a hell of a lot better than the present that I didn't miss: a stupid factory-made cat statue that I traded via "Dirty Santa" the next night for a stupid toy "Cosmic Robot". (The blandness of the name tells you how cheaply conceived it was.) Don't get me wrong, I love the robot only because I'm going to give it to a little boy whom (and his sister) I didn't know was coming to the first party. I got all the other children books, but the big dinosaur book really scared Katie because it has googly eyes and taking them out only makes it worse. My uncle told me there's going to be another Christmas party (Because seriously, this family doesn't have enough communication outside Facebook.) so I'll hopefully be able to make it up to all 3 of them then.
Last edited by Ace of Flames on Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Asis » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:57 pm

I'm also giving steam games away as gift to every friend that play games. Does that make me a cheapskate?

Postby Vegedus » Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:06 am

I actually got a game for once. 's been awhile since I didn't just get clothes or something else boring.

Of course, it's a Wii shovelware title with accompanying plastic shotgun...
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

PreviousNext

Return to Snafu General Discussion