Let Me In [film]

Primary discussion forum. Also, feel free this use as a hangout for fans of the funny non-story based comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Let Me In [film]

Postby PunkyChipsAhoy » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:28 pm

I highly recommend it. They're sick, but yet there's an artistic beauty to it.
A Pimp Named Jeezy Creezy: Lasting all the way up to Valentine's.

And the Pimpeth lord sat amidst his real ballin' players, the Apostles, and raisingeth his cup of Cristal as they devoured the grapes and cheese from the finest bitches in town he said

"Sleepery Dee, Sleepery Doo.
Whoever betrays me tonight, I'll mo'fuckin' cap you!"

Postby Asobi » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:17 pm

Alright I'll take your word for it, hopefully I can find a good movie score between the two as well

Postby Amaranthine Ali » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:16 am

Oooh. why does everyone KEEP saying that this movie is a remake to the original Swedish film.. Because it isn't. It was never intended to be such. Both movies were based on the Let the Right One In novel by by John Ajvide Lindqvist. But somewhat kept true to how each other was made, sure there was same elements between both movies. But Let Me In is simply an Amercianized English speaking version, for an American audience, or any one who has English as their first language.

Postby PunkyChipsAhoy » Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:49 pm

It's a remake in the way that it's exactly the same shit except for a different location and slightly different characters. They even kept the pool scene the same.

You can't make another harry potter movie series and say "oh it's based on the books not the movies.... but we have Sir Daniel Radcliff"

And the Pimpeth lord sat amidst his real ballin' players, the Apostles, and raisingeth his cup of Cristal as they devoured the grapes and cheese from the finest bitches in town he said

Postby EagleMan » Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:17 pm

I saw this; it was really good, and not in a way I normally expect of movies. There's something just attractively creepy about it, I think it's just the relationship between the two kids that makes the movie greatness.

Though as to why she got naked left me confused, and still does.   

Postby PunkyChipsAhoy » Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:30 pm

It's been a while, spoiler tags aren't needed anymore. But she got naked twice. Once when she got in the bed to show her intimacy with the character, and the second time to change clothing and the kid's surprised face is supposed to show us that he's naive and hint that the supposed sex of the vampire is ambiguous.

Postby EagleMan » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:47 pm

I don't get how it would hint that

considering the time period any kid ought to be surprised, especially an isolated kid like him who wouldn't have the friends who procure such things

Postby PunkyChipsAhoy » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:35 am

well yeah, but in both the novel and the original movie the sex of the vampire is not established.

Postby zepherin » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:23 am

JesusChrist wrote:It's been a while, spoiler tags aren't needed anymore. But she got naked twice. Once when she got in the bed to show her intimacy with the character, and the second time to change clothing and the kid's surprised face is supposed to show us that he's naive and hint that the supposed sex of the vampire is ambiguous.

And in both of those cases, dear diary jackpot. After the movie my buddy said the same thing only with some racey pictures of Chloë Moretz. He got a mix of tells a third of the people on his phone did not want to know anything that would make them accomplices, a third wanted to know too much and a third knew what he was up to and thought the hole thing was really fucking funny.
Zeph do you ever tire of being perfect? ~Dave
Zeph is still awesome though. ~Rival
I love you so much right now Zeph. ~Yoshi
I love you Zeph. You and your simple yet humorous topic-breakers. ~Coos
Zeph has left me inspired. ~Mathias
Zeph is so awesome even soulless bits of binary worship him. ~Wizard
Curse YOU ZEPH! CURSE YOU! ~JesusChrist
WE ARE SORRY THAT WE ARE NOT AS PERFECT AS YOU, ZEPH! ~Stufflikehearts
Zepherin for forum queen and writer of the best seller "how to screw your brethen up for dummies". ~ The Mirak

Postby EagleMan » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:32 pm

JesusChrist wrote:well yeah, but in both the novel and the original movie the sex of the vampire is not established.

I read Wikipedia and it said the old guy wanted sex from her, but she just gave him money instead

and I doubt a priest would help a vampire

Postby zepherin » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:03 pm

EagleMan wrote:
JesusChrist wrote:well yeah, but in both the novel and the original movie the sex of the vampire is not established.

I read Wikipedia and it said the old guy wanted sex from her, but she just gave him money instead

That reminds me of an old snafu comic.
http://www.snafu-comics.com/comics.php?comic_id=146
Zeph do you ever tire of being perfect? ~Dave
Zeph is still awesome though. ~Rival
I love you so much right now Zeph. ~Yoshi
I love you Zeph. You and your simple yet humorous topic-breakers. ~Coos
Zeph has left me inspired. ~Mathias
Zeph is so awesome even soulless bits of binary worship him. ~Wizard
Curse YOU ZEPH! CURSE YOU! ~JesusChrist
WE ARE SORRY THAT WE ARE NOT AS PERFECT AS YOU, ZEPH! ~Stufflikehearts
Zepherin for forum queen and writer of the best seller "how to screw your brethen up for dummies". ~ The Mirak

Postby PunkyChipsAhoy » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:46 am

EagleMan wrote:

well yeah one assumes it's a girl, so to specify the vampire it's better to say she or

she/he gave him money instead. Read the wiki over the book

Previous

Return to Snafu General Discussion