Let Me In [film]

Primary discussion forum. Also, feel free this use as a hangout for fans of the funny non-story based comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Let Me In [film]

Postby PunkyChipsAhoy » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:54 am

I went in expecting a fucked up movie. I came out EXTREMELY disturbed by how creepy and strong it was. It was rated R to the spot.

I think it beat the swedish version by a longshot.
A Pimp Named Jeezy Creezy: Lasting all the way up to Valentine's.

And the Pimpeth lord sat amidst his real ballin' players, the Apostles, and raisingeth his cup of Cristal as they devoured the grapes and cheese from the finest bitches in town he said

"Sleepery Dee, Sleepery Doo.
Whoever betrays me tonight, I'll mo'fuckin' cap you!"

Re: Let Me In [film]

Postby Tuor » Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:09 am

...I find it hard to believe that the hollywood remake would "beat" the original.

I originally intended to boycott this movie, fearing that it'd be like most hollywood remakes and butcher it, but apparently this isn't the case. I'm still not sure if I want to see it though.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby PunkyChipsAhoy » Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:48 am

The original is a classic. If you've seen the original, I highly suggest you read this

http://io9.com/5653637/let-me-in-is-qui ... d-horrific

Where a fan of the original compares the main differences between the two. Many of the commenters have seen both films and are declaring that they are both awesome. If my opinion mattered in your decision, you should go watch it. Just not with your gf. Unless she enjoys these types of movies.

And the Pimpeth lord sat amidst his real ballin' players, the Apostles, and raisingeth his cup of Cristal as they devoured the grapes and cheese from the finest bitches in town he said

Postby Vegedus » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:28 am

I saw the Swedish version and expected the American to be crap, but eh, you never know. I didn't like it as much as a lot of people, though, so I can't really be bothered to watch both, though.
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

Postby Mathias » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:06 am

The critics seem to favor it.

Postby PunkyChipsAhoy » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:54 am

Critics always love films that aren't geared towards mainstream america. I've said it once and I'll say it again, this is a powerful film. The transformation of the cute little girl from Kick-Ass [you know Hit Girl] into a exorcist-like, fucked up vampire was terrifying

Postby Remni » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:46 pm

Yeah, but you know how awesome she was in Kick Ass, she's a brilliant actor and really enjoys playing the more vulgar characters obviously
My Steam - Xbox GamerTag: TheSweedishChef
Shameless league stuff!
Fortunately Unfortunate

Postby Vegedus » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:59 pm

JesusChrist wrote:Critics always love films that aren't geared towards mainstream america.

Can you blame them? I'm watching Wedding Crashers in the telly right now, and guess what, it's ANOTHER romantic comedy about a couple of guys that are kinda douchey, but find true love by the end. Some 70% of mainstream American movies suck balls and/or are cliché as all hell.
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

Postby PunkyChipsAhoy » Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:19 pm

I never say I could blame them. But mainstream America loved Inception even though it was geared towards the more intelligent type. Not to say that the movie was hard to grasp, but the fact that there weren't explosions every 5 seconds.

Postby Afternoon » Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:06 pm

To be fair, both movies are based on a book, and the director of 'Let Me In' stated that his intention was to be faithful to that, and not necessarily try to remake the first film.

Postby PunkyChipsAhoy » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:34 pm

If so, he completely changed the role of the father in his film from the book. Granted, the way he did it is even more depressing.

Postby Mo Yeongsu » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:42 am

I'm pretty excited to see this film.

I am kind of irked by all the "mainstream American" comments by you guys, though. Not every film is a masterpiece and if you look at any country most of their stuff is generic and targeted at audiences that have seen this stuff a million times. This plot isn't even that great either; just a few twists. Vampire movie where a human falls for a vampire. Oh, but wait! They're children! Oh and it's a girl vampire and a boy human! That makes it totally unique! Just saying. I haven't seen it and I'm expecting it to be awesome, but I did want to make those points.

Postby PunkyChipsAhoy » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:33 pm

that's not what makes it unique. It's their depiction of a vampire/human relationship and vampires being somewhere in between Underworld and I Am Legend that makes it unique.

Postby Tuor » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:22 pm

Shut up Mo
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby PunkyChipsAhoy » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:26 pm

I'm not in the SImpsons NeoWarrior.

Postby Tuor » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:27 pm

Not you Stuff, Mo Yeong-whatever
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Ace of Flames » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:27 pm

Tuor wrote:Shut up Mo
It's spelled with an e, stupid. His name is right there on the bar sign!
I am Michael the Dick-Stabber; I seek out rapists and other such perverts to stab them in the dick!
(Inspired by Twilight Princess)

Postby Asobi » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:39 pm

I want to see this movie, didn't they make another one a year ago called let the right one in? Or something like that.

Postby Tuor » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:18 pm

That would be the Swedish original swedish one we were taking about
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby PunkyChipsAhoy » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:10 pm

Let the Right One In, like tuor said, is the original swedish one that follows the book more closely.

Let Me In is the american remake that takes a few more liberties with the source material that produces a darker, if less romantic, story.

Postby zepherin » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:26 pm

There were a few times during that movie where I said "Dear diary. Jackpot!"
Zeph do you ever tire of being perfect? ~Dave
Zeph is still awesome though. ~Rival
I love you so much right now Zeph. ~Yoshi
I love you Zeph. You and your simple yet humorous topic-breakers. ~Coos
Zeph has left me inspired. ~Mathias
Zeph is so awesome even soulless bits of binary worship him. ~Wizard
Curse YOU ZEPH! CURSE YOU! ~JesusChrist
WE ARE SORRY THAT WE ARE NOT AS PERFECT AS YOU, ZEPH! ~Stufflikehearts
Zepherin for forum queen and writer of the best seller "how to screw your brethen up for dummies". ~ The Mirak

Postby PunkyChipsAhoy » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:27 pm

were your fellow audience members also laughing to relieve some of the awkwardness of some of the scenes?

Postby zepherin » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:33 pm

JesusChrist wrote:were your fellow audience members also laughing to relieve some of the awkwardness of some of the scenes?

My friends were doubled over laughing. Other people in the theater snickered. And a couple of dirty looks from others.
Zeph do you ever tire of being perfect? ~Dave
Zeph is still awesome though. ~Rival
I love you so much right now Zeph. ~Yoshi
I love you Zeph. You and your simple yet humorous topic-breakers. ~Coos
Zeph has left me inspired. ~Mathias
Zeph is so awesome even soulless bits of binary worship him. ~Wizard
Curse YOU ZEPH! CURSE YOU! ~JesusChrist
WE ARE SORRY THAT WE ARE NOT AS PERFECT AS YOU, ZEPH! ~Stufflikehearts
Zepherin for forum queen and writer of the best seller "how to screw your brethen up for dummies". ~ The Mirak

Postby EagleMan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:05 pm

JesusChrist wrote:Let the Right One In, like tuor said, is the original swedish one that follows the book more closely.

Let Me In is the american remake that takes a few more liberties with the source material that produces a darker, if less romantic, story.

It even has the kid from The Road.

I should see this film but I probably won't.. it's one of the smaller releases and eh. I'll see it definitely when it comes out on DVD and stuff though.

Postby Asobi » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:25 pm

Oh ok, I'll have to watch them both to compare them.

Next

Return to Snafu General Discussion