Street Fighter X Tekken (It's two games, trailer up)

Primary discussion forum. Also, feel free this use as a hangout for fans of the funny non-story based comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Street Fighter X Tekken (It's two games, trailer up)

Postby Wulfespinndel » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:49 pm

http://kotaku.com/5595524/street-fighte ... -crossover
Live Blog: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3180511
Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNboCOYDi-4
GAMEPLAY: http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/30596?cmpid=0101

Kotaku wrote:Street Fighter IV producer Yoshinori Ono had his "Street Fighter IV and Beyond" panel interrupted by Tekken producer Katsuhiro Harada, with the rival fighting game makers joining together to announce a collaboration, Street Fighter X Tekken.

Street Fighter X Tekken was introduced with a teaser trailer featuring Street Fighter's Ryu facing down Tekken's Jin in a pre-rendered sneak peek featuring Street Fighter IV's sketchy, inky visual style. The game, pronounced "Street Fighter cross Tekken" will be coming to the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

Following the announcement, Ono surprised the crowd by holding up a Blu-ray disc with a copy of the game then provided attendees with a playable demo.

Street Fighter X Tekken appears to play like Street Fighter IV, locked onto a 2D plane, with both Tekken and Street Fighter characters performing EX-style super moves. The match started off with Ryu versus Jin Kazama, but Ono and Harada tagged in two more characters, Chun-li and Nina Williams.

Harada followed that playable match with an announcement of his own, confirming that Tekken X Street Fighter is also in development at Namco.

SFXT will have two games: one with SF controls, the other Tekken controls. Tekken controls = no Hadouken spamming. If that is so, that's a win.

------------------------
EDIT:

Mike Nelson wrote:Welcome!

Mike Nelson here and Mr. Frank Cifaldi is next to me as we prepare to give you the exciting annuncements as they happen. Like, in REAL TIME.

Frank is helping cosplayers take pictures together.

There is a kid here dressed as aEl Fuerte and he keeps quoting the Old Spice Man.

And it Begins.

Seth Killian, now takes over the MC duties. "We have exciting stuff, thanks for everyone coming out.

Ono-san has been introduced and the crowd goes nuts.

He's still wearing his robe and slippers. Stayed up a little too late last night and slept in.

"So how many of you are following my twitter feed?"

Not many responses. "How many do you intend to follow me on Twitter following today?" Loud applause.

"Let's start by talking a little bit about Darkstalkers."

"I'll re-edirate that this is a Street fighter panel, and not a Darkstalkers panel. But how many people would like to see a Darkstalkers game?" Again, loud applause. "How many of you have a wallet? Take a dollar out of your wallet and show it up in the air. We'll take a picture of it and show this to the folks at Capcom that people will buy a Darkstalkers game." Everyone takes a dollar out and they took the picture.

They are now talking about how SF 4 has sold over 4 million copies and previous Comic-Con appearances.

"Do you remember how I said my job was on the line about Street Fighter 4? Well, thanks to you guys my job is safe. Thanks to you guys we'll be able to making fighting games a little longer." Again, applause.

They are now taling about how Capcom is going to have official tournaments called Capcom Cup competitions utilizing the Tournament Mode.

Different regional tournaments, and they encourage you to participate as these tournaments start up. Apparently these have rolled out in Japan yesterday.

"So since I've started Twitter I get a lot of questions from yser, like about costumes for the game. As you know, we've introduce a lot of costumes for Street Fighter 4."

"We will announce right now we are making new costumes for Street Fighter 4."

lots of costumes on display, looks like there is one for Rufus that is looks like a giant blueberry from Willy Wonka, Blanka wearing a giant feather cap.

Now they're talking about Super SF IV coming out for Nintendo 3dS.

They're showing screenshots for the game. It looks damn impressive.

"We're going to do our best to have the look and feel of SSF4 on the 360 and PS3 and bring that to the DS. So be on the lookout in the future for more information about SSF4 on DS."

"I'm getting a lot of questions about the blank characters slots for the arcade bersion. Who do you think these are going to be?" The Crow starts yelling out names.

In September we have the Tokyo Game show and we'll talk about that more then."

A video starts playing titled, "The Future of III."

"We have not forgotten about SF 3. In fact, from it. We've just started producing to bring this back to you. Street Fighter 3, Third Strike, Online Edition."

"Because you saved my job, the least I could do is bring Street Fighter 3 Back to you."

"Now that I have announced it, the company can't stop us, so we're going to take our time to bring this out. It's not going to come out in the immediate future, but just let everyone know that Street Fighter 3 is coming back."

""If there are features you want to see, go to Capcom Unity and tell Seth Killian what you want to see in the game."

""I've been thinking about what we;re going to do with Street Fighter 4 from now on. I'd like to ask you guys: is there is anything you'd like to see in the Street Fighter 4 series from now on."

Now a fight has broken out and the producers from tekeen have walked in the door. Madness. They are handing out copies of Tekken to fans at a Street Fighter Panel.

Sorry, we're having some WiFi troubles.

And a video starts to play.

A butterflu going through the air. The ink blots from the SF trailers is here against. We see Dan get smashed into a wall.

Street Fighter vs Takkken

Tekken...pardon the typos.

"A time for a new fighting era has begun."

The Trailer is over. Frank is running around filming off-screen footage, so we'll have something up shortly.

"We've known each other because of the industry but never had a chance to try something like this before."

"Ono approached the producer behind Tekken with the idea since he heard he was an SF fan."

Okay, I'm back. CoverltLive is crapping out.

They're shown footage of the game in action and we'll have footage up shortly. (Frank is on it).

So in case you missed it, it's called Street Fighter Cross Tekken.

The cool thing is that one version is being developed by Capcom, and one is being developed by Namco.

So while Street Fighter Cross Tekken seems to be closer to Street Fighter controls, the Namco version (Not shown) could play like a Tekken game.

That would be called Tekken Cross Street Fighter, presumably.

The gameplay demo had Ono-san facing off with the producer of Tekken for a demonstration of the fight. Names are escaping me. The gameplay showed that it looks like the characters can tag each other during Ultras. The one displayed show Ryu and Chun-Li teaming up to take down a Tekken fighter (sorry, not a big Tekken fan so the names are not coming to me). But yes, Frank is running off to find a good internet connection to upload the gameplay demo.

Sorry, the internet and Covertlt Live doomed me for a little bit, but there you have it.

We should have footage up within the hour (or sooner).

Thanks for tuning in.

So in closing:

We have more costumes on the way for SSF4, official regional tournaments, more characters confirmed for the arcade version of SSF4 (to be revealed at TGS), a new version of Street Fighter 3 coming soon, and of course Street Fighter Cross Tekken, Tekken Cross Street Fighter.

@William Thanks!

Later guys, time to go write up some stuffs.
Last edited by Wulfespinndel on Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"Where we are, there’s daggers in men’s smiles."
KR Series Finished: Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, OOO, Fourze, Wizard
Reset. Recalibrate.

Re: Street Fighter X Tekken

Postby Mathias » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:50 pm

:O

Re: Street Fighter X Tekken (It's two games)

Postby Wulfespinndel » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:58 pm

The Live Blog's over, so I'm going to edit the first post of the thread and post all of the stuff that he posted during the hour just incase.

EDIT: Okay guys, it's up. I lol'd at some parts.

EDIT2: PICS

What is the fighting era coming to? This is going to be epic sauce.
Reset. Recalibrate.

Re: Street Fighter X Tekken (It's two games, trailer up)

Postby Mathias » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:14 pm

Why are the Tekken characters so damn huge?

Postby Wulfespinndel » Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:44 pm

Since the SF characters were based on Ikeno's artstyle (making them huge of course), the Tekken characters would end up the same as well. Ikeno's Artstyle was used for SFIV.

Ryu wasn't so huge in TvC because the artstyle for the TvC characters were based on Shinkiro's Capcom artstyle, thus making them skinny, because Shinkiro (another artist of Capcom) makes the Capcom characters look realistically drawn with realistic proportions, although Capcom told him to take his artstyle in another direction, explaining the unrealistic shading. Shinkiro's original realistic artstyle was used for KOF when he was a part of SNK (now known as SNK Playmore.)

And in Marvel vs Capcom 1 and 2, CRMK (another Capcom artist) had his artstyle used as a basis for the sprites in the games, which explain why the characters' sprites look different from SF3: Third Strike, for example, because SF3: Third Strike also uses Ikeno's artstyle, but only in sprite form.

MvC3 uses Shinkiro's artstyle once again, making Ryu look skinny unlike what he looks like for SFIV. Shinkiro's artstyle was also used because Shinkiro drew Spiderman for the Spiderman Unlimited comics.

So in Tekken X Capcom, Tekken graphics would be used for the characters, because SF games have 2.5-D character models based on the artstyles of other artists within the company. So in conclusion, Kazuya looks huge because Ikeno draws him that way, just like Ryu.

EDIT: More Screenshots:

Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:52 pm

OOooooooh Kazuya's gonna kick yo asses sooooo bad. EGWF, baby.

Now, I'm going to wait for Marvel vs Capcom vs Namco in PS54 and Xbox 1080.
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby Wulfespinndel » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:12 am

http://www.capcom-unity.com/jgonzo/blog ... r_x_tekken

You'll find more screen shots in the link above. I'm kinda busy at the moment to post them, so enjoy.
Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby zepherin » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:54 am

Well it is a fighter and all but someone answer me this. Why do the character models look like shit? It's xbox360/ps3.
Zeph do you ever tire of being perfect? ~Dave
Zeph is still awesome though. ~Rival
I love you so much right now Zeph. ~Yoshi
I love you Zeph. You and your simple yet humorous topic-breakers. ~Coos
Zeph has left me inspired. ~Mathias
Zeph is so awesome even soulless bits of binary worship him. ~Wizard
Curse YOU ZEPH! CURSE YOU! ~JesusChrist
WE ARE SORRY THAT WE ARE NOT AS PERFECT AS YOU, ZEPH! ~Stufflikehearts
Zepherin for forum queen and writer of the best seller "how to screw your brethen up for dummies". ~ The Mirak

Postby Whatis6times9 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:59 am

zepherin wrote:Well it is a fighter and all but someone answer me this. Why do the character models look like shit? It's xbox360/ps3.

The only logical reason is that it is an early build.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Wulfespinndel » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:08 am

Yes, that would be true (I freaking hope). Kazuya looks like Ryu with Kazuya's head and some changes, that's it. I was hoping to see that they would keep the original proportions like what TvC did to the Tatsunoko characters.
Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby Malumultimus » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:26 pm

I wish I could get excited, but how many Street Fighter vs. games do we need?

If this were a step in the direction of a high budget 3D MUGEN, I'd be shitting my pants in optimism, but it seems more realistic to assume this is just a gimmick to sell the same Street Fighter game four times.
Dave keep your damn near racist ignorant logic as far from the other sections of the site as humanly possible because it hurts my face just thinking about it.
MG mal your just sick
Wizard Mal...you're kind of a loser. / Mal was, is, and always will be a cunt / I used to hate Mal, but I've since come to pity him.
Tazuren Mal, please, do the world a BIG FUCKING FAVOR, and drop DEAD!
Cybella YOU EGOCENTRIC IDIOT!
Kathleen mal you are the people i hate the most here...and that is saying something
Hana you misogynist fuckwad.
Sakura I hate you.
Relick not many people would really care if you left without a word.
Cali Mal's an elitist cunt that glowers in getting peopel to dislike him. He can stay the fuck out of the RP forums forever and I'll be happy and he could leave Snafu altogehter and I'd probably not even notice..and if I did, I'd be nothing but happy. Shit, he's nothing special. Just another internet troll that happens to wear a different mask.

Postby Wulfespinndel » Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:06 pm

Malumultimus wrote:I wish I could get excited, but how many Street Fighter vs. games do we need?

If this were a step in the direction of a high budget 3D MUGEN, I'd be shitting my pants in optimism, but it seems more realistic to assume this is just a gimmick to sell the same Street Fighter game four times.

Woah, I didn't realize anyone knew MUGEN around here. You're not a part of the community anymore?
Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby Malumultimus » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:56 pm

I was too big of a loser to play MUGEN. I played ChUB - which none of you know of. But, actually, I think a good chunk of people here know what MUGEN is.
Dave keep your damn near racist ignorant logic as far from the other sections of the site as humanly possible because it hurts my face just thinking about it.
MG mal your just sick
Wizard Mal...you're kind of a loser. / Mal was, is, and always will be a cunt / I used to hate Mal, but I've since come to pity him.
Kathleen mal you are the people i hate the most here...and that is saying something
Sakura I hate you.
Cali Mal's an elitist cunt that glowers in getting peopel to dislike him. He can stay the fuck out of the RP forums forever and I'll be happy and he could leave Snafu altogehter and I'd probably not even notice..and if I did, I'd be nothing but happy. Shit, he's nothing special. Just another internet troll that happens to wear a different mask.

Postby Wulfespinndel » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:28 pm

Well yes that's true. I left the community because everyone made generic MUGEN characters. Why the fuck are there fucking clones with fucking ridiculous names? (SHIN EVIL BURNING OROCHI LOLOL LVL 60 Kung Fu Man, actual MUGEN character) Overall, MUGEN's a mockery and It's such a shame.
Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby Backmask » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:39 pm

Why would they make another Street Fighter cross over game with Tekken? It could work, but wouldn't be easier to make a cross over game of Soulcalibur and Tekken?
They call me the king for a reason.

Postby Malumultimus » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:03 pm

Marvel vs. Capcom vs. Tatsunoko vs. Namco vs. Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe: Because We Could
MG mal your just sick
Sakura I hate you.

Postby Jay » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:15 am

Backmask wrote:Why would they make another Street Fighter cross over game with Tekken? It could work, but wouldn't be easier to make a cross over game of Soulcalibur and Tekken?

While they are both 3D fighters (developed by the same company, in fact), Soul Calibur is a weapon 3D fighter (durr, they use weapons) while Tekken is a largely hand-to-hand, weapon-less 3D fighter.

Street Fighter is a hand-to-hand, weapon-less 2D fighter (Balrog/Vega/Claw being an exception), as contrasted with say, Samurai Shodown which is a weapon 2D fighter.

Mixing weapon and non-weapon fighters don't happen all that often, and if they do, they're VS games between entire companies, rather than a specific franchise.
Internet Celebrity ToastCrust
Twitter | Transistor Glamor | FFXIV: Lenini Leni (Hyperion)
RP Mod of the 3rd Astral Era

Postby Mathias » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:24 am

Though Heihachi did appear in Soul Calibur II.

Postby Backmask » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:59 am

Well, think of Maxi and Talim, and possibly Voldo. These characters have very little range, but they can still beat Nightmare and Ivy, so if Talim can beat Nightmare, then I'm pretty sure Jin could beat him as well.
They call me the king for a reason.

Postby Jay » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:58 am

missingthepoint.com
Internet Celebrity ToastCrust
Twitter | Transistor Glamor | FFXIV: Lenini Leni (Hyperion)
RP Mod of the 3rd Astral Era

Postby Mathias » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:27 am

My point was more directed toward Backmask, not meant as a counter to Jay's point.

Postby Malumultimus » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:51 am

In button mashing action games, defying all logic, the characters' weapon of choice even defines the genre.
MG mal your just sick
Sakura I hate you.

Postby GaryCXJk » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:08 pm

You know, this got me thinking about the next Capcom crossover game. Perhaps Sesame Street Fighter.

No, fuck that, I want another Capcom all-star fighting game. With Poison this time. It's about damn time.
Always have a backup of your animations!
OLD PROJECT CAPTAIN N
RetroCheaters: Cheating the hard way...
Love, love, love, la la love La la love makes the world go 'round
You can't hurt me with the things that you do I'll pick up dandelions and I'll give them to you
Puppy dogs, kitty cats swimming through love

Postby Wulfespinndel » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:21 pm

Hey tard, no necro bumping.

Somebody lock this crap. No one reply unless its BeeAre.
Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby Mirak's Mod Ghost » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:54 pm

I GO LOCK YO THREAD
Patt-Ytto Productions | Dickwaffles

Return to Snafu General Discussion