Switch to full style
Primary discussion forum. Also, feel free this use as a hangout for fans of the funny non-story based comics.
Post a reply

Re: Lightstarr is in South Korea

Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:37 pm

I love all that gorgeous, virtually untouched land in Asian countries. It amazes me with all the people they have crammed into those tiny countries that there's still so much natural beauty there.
Thanks for sharing.
Don't get lost while hiking and accidentally end up in North Korean, now.

Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:46 am

Good on ya' LightStarr. It seems like your stay is going to be a ton of fun, and hopefully you meet a lot of cute asian chicks.

Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:35 pm

Mr. Froggy wrote:Good on ya' LightStarr. It seems like your stay is going to be a ton of fun, and hopefully you meet a lot of cute asian chicks.

He left like 6 months ago.

Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:47 am

I'm still here! Three years on! Survived every North threat. Gone on many adventures. Met a girl and all that. Bump, Bumpity Bump!

Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:41 am

Tell us stories!

Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:47 am

LightStarr wrote:I'm still here! Three years on! Survived every North threat. Gone on many adventures. Met a girl and all that. Bump, Bumpity Bump!

Aww yeah! Regale us with you're tales! The closest I've been to leaving my country is having a friend that moved to the Phillipines.

So yeah, how was the culture shock and stuff?

Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:04 am

Stories? Oh there are so many! I've survived three "close" calls with North Korea. Not too much to say about that, no one is ever worried. I received my TEFL certificate. Found myself a girlfriend and have been dating her for the last two years.

So, that has been going well, with its ups and downs. Learning how to adapt to her culture and trying and failing to speak Korean has had a bit of a wearing on the relationship at times. I do know some Korean, but not nearly enough to hold a conversation. I've met her family and her extended family. The extended for the first time this past Chuseok. Chuseok is the Korean harvest festival. So, think of it as Korean Thanksgiving, but this year we had five days off; so that kicks major ass.

The culture is very different from Canada or America. Lots more focus on family and what not over here. And on business. Lots of people, like the man I tutor are only learning English to get promotions within a company. Phone service here is way, way, better. Plans are easier to get into and out of, at least if you are Korean. They tend to be wary of foreigners as we come and go quickly.

I've done some traveling around the country, but not to anywhere else in Asia yet. This country is incredibly mountainous. Just, mountains everywhere. Where I live is in a valley and same with I play baseball on Saturday. I take in quite a few hockey games here. Asia has its own league and one of the best teams in the league is close to my home.

All in all, good country. Not going home.

Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:40 am

I just ate silk worms. Oh Korea.

Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:46 pm

i ate a scorpion in thailand

it was crunchy

how were your worms?

Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:10 am

I had a grilled cheese sandwich. Livin' on da edge peeps.

Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:09 am

My worms, oh so delicious. I keep eating them when I'm out with my girl.

Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:49 pm

"Eh gurrrl, wanna take a bite outa this worm?"

Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:41 am

Ha ha. I live. I am no longer working at a private academy. I work for the gorvernment now, teaching elementary school kids the fundementals of English; proper English.
Post a reply