Guess who's back...back again...

Primary discussion forum. Also, feel free this use as a hangout for fans of the funny non-story based comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Guess who's back...back again...

Postby Devolved » Tue Jan 14, 2003 5:55 pm

ITS-A-ME FANTASTICAL!
Kronikel Kaisoreax
54 ogre shaman
Thoulexxe Paels

Postby Shadow The Rat » Tue Jan 14, 2003 5:56 pm

And you can be banned much faster on phpBB forums! Yaaaaay! I GOT MAIL! YAAAAAAY!

Postby Slacker-Beta » Tue Jan 14, 2003 6:09 pm

*Smack* Let us be, we have someone who took your place, and were in the procese of getting him whacked.
"Lets all go for a swim in my pool, and by pool i mean BATHTUB and by swim i mean SEX!"-JFK, CloneHigh.

Postby Devolved » Tue Jan 14, 2003 6:10 pm

...nobody can take my place!!!
you will love me!
I will grow on you like CANCER!!!
Kronikel Kaisoreax
54 ogre shaman
Thoulexxe Paels

Postby ToolOfSociety » Tue Jan 14, 2003 6:21 pm

o.O This sounds fun.. :snoogins:

Postby Dave » Tue Jan 14, 2003 6:58 pm

Woo Cancer. I'm glad everyone seems to be finding the forums easily enough. That's a good thing.
WiNg0o wrote:To be honest I thought Dave just existed. In the beginning there was Dave.
Administrator

Postby zepherin » Tue Jan 14, 2003 7:00 pm

I claimed to be the pumpkin king for a couple days after I beat kingdom hearts but it doesn't mean it's true
Zeph do you ever tire of being perfect? ~Dave
Zeph is still awesome though. ~Rival
I love you so much right now Zeph. ~Yoshi
I love you Zeph. You and your simple yet humorous topic-breakers. ~Coos
Zeph has left me inspired. ~Mathias
Zeph is so awesome even soulless bits of binary worship him. ~Wizard
Curse YOU ZEPH! CURSE YOU! ~JesusChrist
WE ARE SORRY THAT WE ARE NOT AS PERFECT AS YOU, ZEPH! ~Stufflikehearts
Zepherin for forum queen and writer of the best seller "how to screw your brethen up for dummies". ~ The Mirak

Postby Alex2 » Tue Jan 14, 2003 7:51 pm

Damn... I guess my Kemo's not working...
- Alex

The Unifed Earth Alliance - Mecha, Love and Adventure abound!

"The American Taxpayer has always been lied to. It is his birthright."

Postby Nix » Tue Jan 14, 2003 10:20 pm

At least you're still in one piece. My friend Andrew has to shit in a bag now because he has Level 5 Terminal. He'll be luckly to live 2 years.

Postby Nix » Tue Jan 14, 2003 10:25 pm

I don't know, you HAVE to laugh at the 'Cancer Boy' thing on 'Kids in the Hall'. Thats just funny.

Postby Wildcard » Tue Jan 14, 2003 10:30 pm

Yeah otherwise this would be the most depressing thread ever and I'd have to cry.
[22:38] <DJ_Cyni-Cole> you're tell me, a writer, that books are lame?
Jesus fuels with 89 Octane and so do I. Eat it, heritics. -Halo

Postby Alex2 » Wed Jan 15, 2003 3:53 am

Hey. My cousin had brain cancer. He was told he wasn't expected to live more than 6 months to a year. That was nearly 3 years ago. Cancer is gone, and he's returning to a normal life.

Have you guys seen that Kid's in the Hall movie? It's called "Brain Candy". It's really funny. Not MST3K: The Movie funny, but it's still good!
- Alex

The Unifed Earth Alliance - Mecha, Love and Adventure abound!

"The American Taxpayer has always been lied to. It is his birthright."

Postby Nix » Wed Jan 15, 2003 11:47 am

Well my friend Andrew has cancer in all his vital organs, his lymph nodes, and its even metastisized to his blood. He has to get experimental chemo-therapy for 1 month at a time, and then stay off treament for a month at a time because his system is so weak it will kill him otherwise.

His nerves are so screwed up now, that he has to wear shoes and socks in the house because he feet always feel like they're frozen or on fire if he touches any surface that is even slightly different in temperature. He has to sleep like 16 hours a day to keep his strength, and he had to drop out of school because the strain would have killed him.

He's fucked basically.

Postby Nix » Wed Jan 15, 2003 12:13 pm

Well he basically let himself get really sick before he went to a doctor and found out he was sick, thats why it got out of control.

They told his family that if he had gone for a physical only 6 months earlier, they would have probably caught it and even though he would still have had to had his large intestine removed (which makes him need the ostomy bag) he wouldn't be dying.

Postby Kris » Wed Jan 15, 2003 3:23 pm

Nix, is this the one with the twin brother?
Kris: that's Han Solo
Nix: That guys always smoking foo's
Nix: He be all "Nigga Vada please!"

Darkstar Studios
----------------------------------------------
Wildcard: Kris is the most beautiful man alive
Kris: aww, thanks Wayne

Postby Nix » Wed Jan 15, 2003 3:26 pm

Yup.

His family has a history of genetic failures like this, though no actual cancer, so his doctor WARNED them to get physicals periodically.

Again, THIS is a perfect example why I believe people with bad genes should be sterilized. The world has enough problems as it is, if people would just cull the bad genes out of the gene pool, the frequency of genetic failures like Cancer, Down Syndrom, Mental Handicaps and Physical Birth Defects would drop sharply.

Maybe then we could spend the newly saved money on figuring out how to cure those still afflicted instead of just making more.

Naturally nobody likes hearing this though, say it in a school or public place and you'll be branded a Nazi.

Postby Kris » Wed Jan 15, 2003 3:36 pm

I see your point Nix, and it's a pretty valid one at that.
But people aren't going to listen to it. They want to do their own thing. If they want to have kids, they're probably going to no matter what anyone tells them.

But I'm sure if they though of it strictly in the way that you do, and were willing to give up having a family in that way.... *shrugs* I mean, they always have that option...

Blah...just rambling....
Kris: that's Han Solo
Nix: That guys always smoking foo's
Nix: He be all "Nigga Vada please!"

Darkstar Studios
----------------------------------------------
Wildcard: Kris is the most beautiful man alive
Kris: aww, thanks Wayne

Postby Wildcard » Wed Jan 15, 2003 4:36 pm

Its called genetic therapy and against better judgement I'm gonna admit I'm all for it. I think when a woman is found to be pregnant they should run a FULL genetic test scan on the baby. Anything considered bad (handicaps mental or physical, cancer, alcoholism etc etc) should be treated ASAP so the child can grow up normally. Of course this sticks the foot in the door for idiots to vainly do genetic tampering and choose their childs hair and eye color etc. etc. In a perfect world though we'd have disease and defect genome treatment for all newborns. Most of my fellow Christians disagree with me on this but then again most christians are idiots.

Postby Wildcard » Wed Jan 15, 2003 5:26 pm

Yup. Its a pretty steep personal debate. On one side is a world were humans completely let themselves go until we all become so useless we fall apart as a species and go extinct. On the other hand we "cleanse" ourself to the point where we are no longer human. There's some sort of middle ground and thats where we need to be but it will be impossible for everyone to agree on a middle ground. Its like The Men On the Moon 2 by HG Wells. They met up with the IDEAL communistic society within the moon. They take the newborns at birth and raise them for a specific job. if they are no loner needed they are put asleep and left in hibernation stasis until they are needed again and destroyed if they are obsolete...to benefit the entire group.

To these aliens the human nature was SO horrible they decided to destroy the guy before the ideals of "greed", "war", and all other bad human features could taint their society. However I know I would definiely oppose a world as constricive to the human essence of thought and emotion as that of the bugs. While I agree with them I refuse to become part of what they are. Its kinda depressing in a Wellsian kinda way.

Postby Nix » Wed Jan 15, 2003 5:52 pm

The problem is knowing where to draw the line. I mean, we'd all like to see Cancer, and Down Syndrom and all that stuff gone, but the problem is then people say things like

"Lets make sure only babies who are genetically designed to be really smart are born".

or like Wayne mentioned, hair and eye color etc. Thats not at ALL what I want, I just think it makes sense to put an end to unneeded suffering if we can.

Return to Snafu General Discussion