States are declaring Sovereignty?

Primary discussion forum. Also, feel free this use as a hangout for fans of the funny non-story based comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

States are declaring Sovereignty?

Postby Sentios » Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:49 am

Going on almost two months ago but why was there no mention of this? I mean this is serious shit but not one peep from any major media? I think the soup is burning.

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TNHPLRJVTQPAIM0GM

http://community.marketwatch.com/groups ... overeignty

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=30807

http://nicedeb.wordpress.com/2009/02/23 ... overnment/
Wizard Status. 5 more years

Re: States are declaring Sovereignty?

Postby Mo Yeongsu » Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:00 am

Gotta tell you, I think you're falling for some joke news. Think of this as "A Modest Proposal" or anything from The Onion. Not true.

Postby Princess » Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:46 am

Fuck if this is true, then shit is going to get crazy. And what the hell, Pennsylvania might be too? I live in PA and have no idea about this.
Tuor: Stuff is our resident, hot mess, alcoholic.
Tuor: You foolish fools, no one can tame the stuffaluffagus!
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby spazmonkey » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:23 am

I remember Utah or something "seceding" but it didn't amount to anything. This seems like the same shit but in mass.
this sig is my fanboy badge of HONOR!!!1!
Kamisutra wrote:You're watching the anime with blatant lack of effort

Postby zepherin » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:24 am

It's all just forum posts and blogs nothing reputable. Not saying it's not true just not a trusted news source. Also simply put. Once your in the U.S. your in for life we're like the mafia when it comes to membership. We've shown the government will kill you before letting you leave.
Zeph do you ever tire of being perfect? ~Dave
Zeph is still awesome though. ~Rival
I love you so much right now Zeph. ~Yoshi
I love you Zeph. You and your simple yet humorous topic-breakers. ~Coos
Zeph has left me inspired. ~Mathias
Zeph is so awesome even soulless bits of binary worship him. ~Wizard
Curse YOU ZEPH! CURSE YOU! ~JesusChrist
WE ARE SORRY THAT WE ARE NOT AS PERFECT AS YOU, ZEPH! ~Stufflikehearts
Zepherin for forum queen and writer of the best seller "how to screw your brethen up for dummies". ~ The Mirak

Postby Ace of Flames » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:14 am

Didn't my own state, Oklahoma, do this last year? We're just setting a trend.
I am Michael the Dick-Stabber; I seek out rapists and other such perverts to stab them in the dick!
(Inspired by Twilight Princess)

Postby Sentios » Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:43 pm

zepherin wrote:It's all just forum posts and blogs nothing reputable. Not saying it's not true just not a trusted news source. Also simply put. Once your in the U.S. your in for life we're like the mafia when it comes to membership. We've shown the government will kill you before letting you leave.

And links to sites in those but at least one page was completely removed, others weren't to where they should have gone, and at last one was just to a search database for a states legislature so perhaps nothing came from it. Basically I'm more interested in whether or not a rash of states did do this rather than if they are still going through with it.

Postby EagleMan » Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:22 pm

Sentios lately you've been becoming more.. I don't know..schizotypal? You don't believe in the NWO do you?

Postby Valhallen » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:22 pm

EagleMan wrote:Sentios lately you've been becoming more.. I don't know..schizotypal?
Wow! Someone used the word schizotypal correctly in a sentence. It must be a sign!

Anyway, neither the states nor federal government is truly sovereign on its own, as they check each other. A lot of this stuff seems to be states just saying that they have certain authority, which they constitutionally do, which is hardly groundbreaking. Abut actually leaving the union, the Constitution makes no mention of leaving, so there are no laws in place for states to be kicked out or leave of their own accord. Until such a time as those provisions are in place, any succession attempt would be illegal.

Postby scotch » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:29 pm

I think there's been no mention of this in mainstream news because it's a non-event. I read a couple pieces of legislation from the the marketwatch.com link (Michigan's was fairly easy to read) and they all seem to be the states telling the federal government that it is overstepping it's 10th amendment powers and declaring that the state governments are separate from the federal government. The states are saying that they are sovereign legislative bodies, not that they are sovereign countries. What could be newsworthy is if any of the states actually try to repeal laws that the federal government 'forced' on them.
Isn't that why he wears the admin pants. Which happen to be assless chaps? -- Zepherin
Administrator

Postby Sentios » Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:37 pm

EagleMan wrote:Sentios lately you've been becoming more.. I don't know..schizotypal? You don't believe in the NWO do you?

NWO is a broad term you know. Even as far as conspiracies there's like 3-4 different NWO's. Of the possible NWO's the one I believe is most likely is the one that will end up with the Banks in charge of the world. And when you figure that debt has all by the balls it's not far fetched.

@Val and scotch: That would make a good bit of sense, it was late when I came across this and I read into it the wrong way. Rather than declaring soveriengty they're merely reaffirming their legal soveriengty.

Return to Snafu General Discussion