Pokémon Diamond/Pearl

Primary discussion forum. Also, feel free this use as a hangout for fans of the funny non-story based comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Pokémon Diamond/Pearl

Postby Rival » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:51 pm

Mathias wrote:Not at all. But isn't the penultimate goal to complete the Pokedex? I guess it's only about the battles for you, then.

Nah, batlles, story, contests, even seeing the graphically changed Sinnoh and the new characters make Platinum interesting. In the age of rampant hacking and worldwide trading, completing the Pokedex seems like not much of a goal to me.

Besides, people should only catch Pokemon they like, in my opinion, whether esthetically or strategically.
Stanisław Lem wrote:I hadn't known there were so many idiots in the world until I started using the Internet.

Postby Mathias » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:02 pm

I just like to read Pokedex entries. The games are fun all-around.

Postby Afternoon » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:42 pm

I play for Nostalgia, discovery and fun.

Right now my team is Made up of The Penguin, a Krickune, Luxio, Psyduck, Shieldon (sp) and an extra space currently held by a Gastly.
All (with the exception of Gastly) between lvl 29-39. So far the gyms have been a breeze, but I'm weary of the upcoming Steel-using leader.

Questions:
- Anyone have a low lvl Sandshrew to trade? Sandslash has always been my most reliable.
- What's a good Fire-type in pearl that doesn't require trading?
- Which is better, Gastly or Misdreavus (evolutions included)?
- Is there any hope at all for the GTS? It only ever shows 5 people at a time (max) and they're all looking for lvl 100 legendaries.

I picked this game up shortly after beating GTA Chinatown Wars (don't quit when busted, lost my save file), now whenever I need the bike I instinctively look for someone else riding one.
Last edited by Afternoon on Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby sfox8 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:47 pm

Personally, I much prefer Misdreavus simply because I love her design and concept much better than Ghastly's and his evolutions plus Mismagius is pretty awesome. I suggest looking up the pokemon on http://serebii.net/ 's DPPt Pokedex and on Smogon University for good strategies and opinions on who is more useful.

Not sure about the fire-types. I think Ponyta is pretty much the main fire-type pokemon in DP... for some reason... one thing that always annoyed me about this generation: The horrible lack of creativity in the pokemon designs and how boring the sinnoh pokemon (majority of them) are, and the complete lack of fire-types in the sinnoh region. I hope they announce the 5th gen soon so we can look forward to some better looking pokemon like the 3rd gen.
My art thread
Brawl Friend Code: 4511-0132-3903

Postby TheLivingCouch » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:46 am

Yeah, the 4th gen was pretty much a wash in terms of fire types. We get three new one on the whole, Infernape, Hetran, and Magmortar, and if you don't pick Chimchar at the beginning they are really hard to come by. Ponyta is certainly around and you can pick off a Houndour or a Magmar late game but that's about it. You can't get your hands on anything else until after you get the National Dex, unless you trade them in from elsewhere.

4th gen is pretty lacking in creativity as well I have to say. Did we really need any more bee pokemon or a cherry pokemon, or so many new evolved forms of old evolution chains, or Bidoof. On the whole though there are a plenty of 4th geners that I do like even if they aren't the greatest, namely Drifblim and Skuntank. It's going to be some time before the 5th gen though, a couple of years at least. The best we can hope for on the horizon is a remake of gold and silver like they did with red and blue. Here's for hoping.

Postby Yoshi » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:25 am

Aw, fuck yeah. I've got a Pokémon thread going on in the PPGD forum (Probably the most worthwhile thing too :P).

Love me some Pokémon. I play for breeding (Going for that Über Espeon!) and I'm currently working on a good team. Nothing super-competitive, just neat. Bunch of BLs probably. So far I'm planning the Espeon and a Flygon (Flygon is pimp).

Also, legendaries = meh.
"Worst case scenario I'll get arrested for public nudity.
Best case scenerio I'll get arrested for public nudity with a boner. It's win win.
" ~ Dave
"Also Yoshi is the most important person in all of Australia." ~ Zepherin

Postby Rival » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:55 am

Afternoon wrote:Questions:
- Anyone have a low lvl Sandshrew to trade? Sandslash has always been my most reliable.
- What's a good Fire-type in pearl that doesn't require trading?
- Which is better, Gastly or Misdreavus (evolutions included)?
- Is there any hope at all for the GTS? It only ever shows 5 people at a time (max) and they're all looking for lvl 100 legendaries.

-Sadly no.
-Since you didn't pick Chimchar, Ponyta is sadly the only thing you can get before you obtain national pokedex/get to stak mountain. In Platinum you'd be able to get Magmar at Fuego Ironworks.
-Gastly-Gengar. A Gengar with Modest, Mild or Rash nature and movepool Shadow Ball/Thunderbolt/Focus Blast/Destiny Bond is quite insane. Misdreavius is easier to obtain though.
-Best trades are done via friend codes really.

P.S. @TheLivingCouch, Cherrim's awesome.
Stanisław Lem wrote:I hadn't known there were so many idiots in the world until I started using the Internet.

Postby Thunderbolt » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:09 pm

I also like Misdreavus. Wish they had more Ghost/Dark types like Misdreavus.

Postby S0F14_C4RR0 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:38 am

hey! my classmates play Pokemon in there gameboy, PSP, and DS
I LOVE BEING AWESOME JUST THE WAY I AM RIGHT NOW >w< ^_^

Postby Afternoon » Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:40 am

I'm having more success with the GTS now. Setting up your own trade works a lot better than searching for one. The only real downside is that you have to have seen a pokemon to request it.

Eventually, I want to make a team entirely out of Eevee evolutions.

Previous

Return to Snafu General Discussion