Shounen Manga Discussion(Naruto Bleach etc. spoilers inside)

Primary discussion forum. Also, feel free this use as a hangout for fans of the funny non-story based comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby CarrionMan » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:42 pm

You know what. What if Orochimaru has a demon inside him. Because, you know, he seems to be made out of snakes that look rather similar to the other demons.

Postby Vis » Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:16 pm

Doubtful. Even if he does, it's not going to be one in the same vein as the other junchuriki (sp?) as a the snake would appear to have one tail, and we already have a one tail in the form of Gaara's demon.

Besides the manga says, he experimented on himself to become like that.
Zepherin: Vis is on the snickers bar redbull and hot night sex regiment.

Location: With a wink and a wiggle and a twirl of my walking stick...

Re: Naruto Manga Discussion

Postby Rival » Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:35 pm

Personally I think they fused, and which personality will be dominant remains to be seen.

This situation by the way reminds me of a certain Warcraft character, but I probably shouldn't elaborate on that, or else I'll make the risk of sounding like Luffy when he makes one of those One Piece references to other franchises.

Postby Kazuo Kiriyama » Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:56 pm

It seems Orochimaru approached Itachi, to which Itachi put him in a genjutsu. After breaking out of the genjutsu = where the panels begin: Orochimaru walks towards him, criticizing himself for so easily falling into a genjutsu. Then, Itachi used some binding jutsu which vertically impaled him with giant stakes, seemingly instantly - this cut off Orochimaru's hand. This jutsu is probably a high-level jutsu affiliated with the Sharingan, as we see Sasuke do it to Orochimaru during the soul transfer (and although Orochimaru is impressed that he did it to him, just like Itachi did, Orochimaru seems less affected by it, perhaps due to it not being in the real world where he actually has a body to impale).

No, the stakes were genjutsu. What happened was, after breaking out of Itachi's binding jutsu, Orochimaru is impaled with a different genjutsu. Then you can see Orochimaru raising his hands to perform his own jutsu, maybe a dispell or counter jutsu, but Itachi slices off his hand. The stakes disappear after this panel.

Postby Ace of Flames » Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:04 pm

Kamisutra wrote:Personally I think they fused, and which personality will be dominant remains to be seen.

This situation by the way reminds me of a certain Warcraft character, but I probably shouldn't elaborate on that, or else I'll make the risk of sounding like Luffy when he makes one of those One Piece references to other franchises.
I don't mind. :P
I am Michael the Dick-Stabber; I seek out rapists and other such perverts to stab them in the dick!
(Inspired by Twilight Princess)

Postby CarrionMan » Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:33 pm

Arthas and Nerghul?

Postby EagleMan » Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:56 pm

My dignified response:
Nerzhul you fool!

Postby Rival » Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:44 pm

CarrionMan wrote:Arthas and Nerghul?

Ner'zhul, but yes.

Postby CarrionMan » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:13 pm

Been way too long since I've actually played wc3 storyline.

Postby Ace of Flames » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:40 pm

As an attempt to get this thread back on track, I will provide some words for wisdom for all Ninjas.

1. If something doesn't work the first time, doing the exact same thing will work a second time.
2. Ninjas aren't human, as they have a pair of extra internal organs that work together to produce a chemical spacifically used to be a Ninja.
3. Stealing other people's hearts is not only fun, but gives you partial immortality.
4. Being sneaky won't get you anywhere. Wearing a gay, orange, attention-grabbing jumpsuit will.
5. Ninjas are just Toa, but without the Robot Power Ranger factor.
6. If you want to be a Secret Agent, you need to wear a cute animal mask.
7. There's hardly a difference between being disguised as someone else and actually being in someone else's body.
8. If you can do the above, saying "I want your body" to a minor is totally not pedophelia.
9. Master Ninjas would sooner be a peeping tom than mentor a small child.
10. Girls are only good for healing and maybe rape.
I am Michael the Dick-Stabber; I seek out rapists and other such perverts to stab them in the dick!

Postby EagleMan » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:41 pm

You copied that. From Yourself.

Postby Ace of Flames » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:44 pm

Which means I didn't rip anybody else off, because I made it myself.

Got a problem with that?

Postby EagleMan » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:45 pm

I don't like Level 2 Sasuke drawn.

Added after 21 seconds:

As in manga-drawn not animated.

Postby Ace of Flames » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:53 pm

All lvl2 Curses look ugly. Except Bones had that cool tale and Sasuke has those kickass hand-wings.

Postby EagleMan » Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:03 pm

They had the strongest curse seals so likely strongest and coolest looking forms.

Postby LinearGust » Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:07 pm

he look like a girl in the 2nd curse seal
"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness, or skill. It will make or break a company ... a church ... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a CHOICE every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude ... I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me, and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you ... we are in charge of our Attitudes."-Charles Swindoll

Postby Malumultimus » Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:39 pm

Afternoon wrote:-Dosu vs Gaara (yeah it was quick, but we didn't see anything)

That wasn't a battle. Shukaku one-shot Dosu, and if we had seen what the Shukaku looked like, it would've ruined it for us later on. As G-O explained, this "suspense" is needed for the more pivotal battle(s) later on; if it's revealed/explained too early, it's no longer exciting. The same applies for:

Afternoon wrote:-Tobi a & Deidara vs Sanbi
-Hidan & Kakazu vs Nibi
-Hidan & Kakazu vs Temple of Fire

And, to an extent:

Afternoon wrote:-Genma and other vs Sound 4
-Sasori vs Kankuro

As for:

Afternoon wrote:-Tenmari vs Tenten
-Team Gai vs clones

They simply weren't important. 1) Other plot developments going on were way more important, and 2) Kishi hates Tenten.

Afternoon wrote:-Sasuke vs Orochimaru

It's more suspenseful to leave it a mystery. Much like...oh...

- Who the Akatsuki leader is
- Who the third Uchiha with the Mangekyou Sharingan is
- Who the strongest ninja from Kumogakure is
- "That jutsu"
- Etc.

Kazuo Kiriyama wrote:No, the stakes were genjutsu. What happened was, after breaking out of Itachi's binding jutsu, Orochimaru is impaled with a different genjutsu. Then you can see Orochimaru raising his hands to perform his own jutsu, maybe a dispell or counter jutsu, but Itachi slices off his hand. The stakes disappear after this panel.

Oh, well, there ya go. I didn't get a good look at it, as I've become bored with Naruto lately and have only really been peeking at RAWs and translations. I lost interest...oh...when Kishimoto unfairly did away with Hidan, like he does with all good characters.

Ace of Flames wrote:All lvl2 Curses look ugly. Except Bones had that cool tale and Sasuke has those kickass hand-wings.

This just proves how much you suck. Atleast 90% of Naruto fans think Sasuke and Kimimaro have not only the two ugliest CS2 designs, but the two worst designs of all Naruto characters.

And, his CS2 is a crow, not a girl...though he looks like one. ._.
Dave keep your damn near racist ignorant logic as far from the other sections of the site as humanly possible because it hurts my face just thinking about it.
MG mal your just sick
Wizard Mal...you're kind of a loser. / Mal was, is, and always will be a cunt / I used to hate Mal, but I've since come to pity him.
Tazuren Mal, please, do the world a BIG FUCKING FAVOR, and drop DEAD!
Cybella YOU EGOCENTRIC IDIOT!
Kathleen mal you are the people i hate the most here...and that is saying something
Hana you misogynist fuckwad.
Sakura I hate you.
Relick not many people would really care if you left without a word.
Cali Mal's an elitist cunt that glowers in getting peopel to dislike him. He can stay the fuck out of the RP forums forever and I'll be happy and he could leave Snafu altogehter and I'd probably not even notice..and if I did, I'd be nothing but happy. Shit, he's nothing special. Just another internet troll that happens to wear a different mask.

Postby EagleMan » Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:48 pm

They're just mad because it was less humanoid looking then the others. Therefore uglier.

Postby G-O » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:04 am

Sasuke's level 2 curse is a SSJ3 gone horribly wrong. He looks like a girl because deep down inside, that's all he really is.

Postby Ace of Flames » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:02 pm

Malumultimus wrote:This just proves how much you suck. Atleast 90% of Naruto fans think Sasuke and Kimimaro have not only the two ugliest CS2 designs, but the two worst designs of all Naruto characters.
Gee, I didn't know opinion quality was based off popularity.

Postby Afternoon » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:16 pm

AS for the skipped battles, I know they're required, and I'm not saying there's anything wrong with them, I was just making a point of how often Kishi uses that technique.

I don't mind Sasuke's design. It wasn't at all what I'd expected, and the wings seem completely pointless, but it doesn't look bad.

Also, Luffy junior, that didn't put anyone on track.

Postby LinearGust » Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:55 pm

er........I hate sasuke's design but kimimaro's design is ok
"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness, or skill. It will make or break a company ... a church ... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a CHOICE every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude ... I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me, and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you ... we are in charge of our Attitudes."-Charles Swindoll

Postby Malumultimus » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:39 pm

The wings were necessary, as...birds have wings...and the Uchiha clan (particularly Sasuke) is based on crows.
Dave keep your damn near racist ignorant logic as far from the other sections of the site as humanly possible because it hurts my face just thinking about it.
MG mal your just sick
Wizard Mal...you're kind of a loser. / Mal was, is, and always will be a cunt / I used to hate Mal, but I've since come to pity him.
Tazuren Mal, please, do the world a BIG FUCKING FAVOR, and drop DEAD!
Cybella YOU EGOCENTRIC IDIOT!
Kathleen mal you are the people i hate the most here...and that is saying something
Hana you misogynist fuckwad.
Sakura I hate you.
Relick not many people would really care if you left without a word.
Cali Mal's an elitist cunt that glowers in getting peopel to dislike him. He can stay the fuck out of the RP forums forever and I'll be happy and he could leave Snafu altogehter and I'd probably not even notice..and if I did, I'd be nothing but happy. Shit, he's nothing special. Just another internet troll that happens to wear a different mask.

Postby Afternoon » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:55 pm

I thought it was based on Fans

Postby EagleMan » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:00 pm

How else could he do a flying chidori and sustain himself in mid-air for a few minutes?

PreviousNext

Return to Snafu General Discussion