need time....

Primary discussion forum. Also, feel free this use as a hangout for fans of the funny non-story based comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

need time....

Postby Lengeta » Mon Jan 13, 2003 5:16 am

I go to college, and doing all generals eats my time up. So dose looking for a job (witch I do a VERY bad job at), and when I DO get a job, that will eat my time too. But there is ONE good thing to waste my time... PS2. Sure, it's not all big (HUGE) and big (FUCKIN HUGE, I'M SAYING) like the x-box, or small, perfect, perfect, and perfect like the GC, but, hey, TOTALY FREE GAMES!!! Basically, my mexican roomate is getting so-so money at his new construction job, and this in turn has led him to the urge to burn a hole in his pocket. Five new PS2 games. We have here Stuntman, Max Payne, Metal Gear Solid 2, Test Drive, and Street Hoops. I've started out with Stuntman (it's the first one he got) and I'm already over 1/2 through it. It sucks, but hey, I HAVE to beat it. Next will be Max Payne. It HURTS to watch Shawn (mexi-roomate) play it, HURTS BBAADD. Anyway, woot to me!!!!

I still want Kindom Hearts SOOOOOOOOOO bad, my hate goes on with you Kris, and now you too Dave. (Dumbass mexican, fighting with a sheild (that was for Dave))

Postby Alex2 » Mon Jan 13, 2003 6:10 am

*Quickly hides his copy of Kindom Hearts.*
- Alex

The Unifed Earth Alliance - Mecha, Love and Adventure abound!

"The American Taxpayer has always been lied to. It is his birthright."

Postby Kris » Mon Jan 13, 2003 8:29 am

pffft.... I've been playing FFX like a mad woman lately.
Must beat this game....
But I can only play it now whenever I go to my boyfriends....

So, it's Kingdom Hearts during the week, b/c it's still the only PS2 game I own :(
I've also got FFVIII, but, I suck at that game...and the junction system pisses me off....
Kris: that's Han Solo
Nix: That guys always smoking foo's
Nix: He be all "Nigga Vada please!"

Darkstar Studios
----------------------------------------------
Wildcard: Kris is the most beautiful man alive
Kris: aww, thanks Wayne

Postby Wildcard » Mon Jan 13, 2003 11:20 am

Sold my copy of Kingdom Hearts and I'm damn glad I did too cause I got basically original price back, minus the shipping. I actually liked ff8 until the 4th disc....the fights were all pretty easy too. Just auto junction everything and you should be set to go. There are BETTER ways to junction but it was never neccesary for me.
[22:38] <DJ_Cyni-Cole> you're tell me, a writer, that books are lame?
Jesus fuels with 89 Octane and so do I. Eat it, heritics. -Halo

Postby HaloGray » Mon Jan 13, 2003 12:02 pm

*doesn't think alex has made an actual post on this forum yet*

*believes it to be all asterisk guised thoughts.*

*damn those asterisk*

Postby Sidious » Mon Jan 13, 2003 12:09 pm

*Wishing he was at home playing NCAA Football instead of workin*
I am the sexual teddy bear

The Hardcore Empire

Postby Shadow The Rat » Mon Jan 13, 2003 12:09 pm

Kingdom Hearts I though was a very good game. It was like a Disney movie written by Square, imo.

FFVIII however, is the worst peice of trash I ever played. FFX, despite all the whiners who say, "there was too many cutscenes, waaaah!", was a great game that actually had a good plot.

Postby Wildcard » Mon Jan 13, 2003 12:36 pm

I agree ff8 sucked...but only after the last quarter of the third disc. If it ended earlier it would have rules in my opinion. The military style missions were some of the best parts in ANY final fantasy (Assassination attempt on Edea was freaking AWESOME). Then it all fell apart. THe battle system was sub par for final fantasy but I mean, if you consider the game outside the realm of final fantasies its one of the better RPGs. It just had way to much of a name to live up to. I think they should rename it "Angsty teen in military school" and end the game with you killing Edea. Yup.
[22:38] <DJ_Cyni-Cole> you're tell me, a writer, that books are lame?
Jesus fuels with 89 Octane and so do I. Eat it, heritics. -Halo

Postby Dave » Mon Jan 13, 2003 1:24 pm

for me FF8 boo boo boo (I'll finish it someday... maybe. boo) Then Kingdom Hearts is a great game. Layne honestly though Max Payne would probably be the only one I'd bother with on the list. (I don't have the patience for stealth in Metal Gear for long amounts of time.)
WiNg0o wrote:To be honest I thought Dave just existed. In the beginning there was Dave.
Administrator

Postby Alex2 » Mon Jan 13, 2003 2:28 pm

I'm not going to give up and KH until I FUGGIN BEAT GOD-DAMN SEPHIROTH!!!
- Alex

The Unifed Earth Alliance - Mecha, Love and Adventure abound!

"The American Taxpayer has always been lied to. It is his birthright."

Postby Kris » Mon Jan 13, 2003 3:21 pm

Alex: You're gonna be playing that game for an awfully long time......

FF8: My boyfriend actually had a saved game that was around the part of the game I was in, and he had gotten all the GFs (cuz I missed...well...all of them). So he fixed that one up for me, played through to the part where I was at in the game, and saved it onto my memory card for me. So now I have decent stuff that's well junctioned. I'll probably fuck it all up in the first 15 minutes that I actually play on it though.....

FFX: Yeah, it has a shit load of cut scenes. But some of them are absolutely gorgeous. I love the scene at the lake where they kiss and the theme song plays. It's beautiful. And the wedding scene rawks too.
It's got a fairly good storyline, and I love how the characters are so different, and each have specific monsters that they're good at fighting. It helps to evenly level stuff up.
I actually had to restart the game all over again by the third Seymour boss fight because he was kicking my ass, so I went back through the game and leveled up better, since I knew more what I was doing, and understood the sphere grid and stuff like that.
I kicked his pansy ass.
And I made Yunalesca my bitch.
Hell yeah.
And I've got every aeon except the three sisters, who I'm not even gonna bother with because it's just way too much work that I'm too lazy to do and I don't get to play it enough to go through all that anyway. I'm almost to the end and I just wanna finish it already.
Kris: that's Han Solo
Nix: That guys always smoking foo's
Nix: He be all "Nigga Vada please!"

Darkstar Studios
----------------------------------------------
Wildcard: Kris is the most beautiful man alive
Kris: aww, thanks Wayne

Postby Lengeta » Mon Jan 13, 2003 5:30 pm

Dave, your correct, but I'll play them all regardless.

Also, I've decided to change the goodness of the FFs. FFVII is the best best best I have decided. The absolute best, no rocks, no rocks.

Postby Lengeta » Mon Jan 13, 2003 6:24 pm

Oh, btw, I also have to beat Ghost Recon, Ghost Recon: Desert Storm, and Hitman 1 on the computer. I THINK thats everything for now.

Oh, and Dave, Tetrisphere ROCKS!!!

Return to Snafu General Discussion