We haven't seen the last of Fat Boy Plumber G!

Primary discussion forum. Also, feel free this use as a hangout for fans of the funny non-story based comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

We haven't seen the last of Fat Boy Plumber G!

Postby Hapoppo » Thu Jan 23, 2003 10:54 pm

Well apparently Mario 64's going to get a REAL sequel now, and it's none other than... the 100 Marios demo from Space World. Definitely an interesting twist, seeing as how I figured even if it WAS made into a real game, it'd be more of a "spinoff game" like Mario Party. What I'm wondering about, particularly, is just how the game will play what with the combination of 100 Marios, the fact that Miyamoto probably won't do an RTS-like game since he already did that with Pikmin, and the fact that this is a Mario game. Well now I've gotta find out more about this game...

Postby Wildcard » Thu Jan 23, 2003 10:57 pm

Its 128...not 100. As in 128 being 2x64. So its 64 2. There's probably only gonna be one mario and the 100+ marios was just to show the power of the gamecube or something.
[22:38] <DJ_Cyni-Cole> you're tell me, a writer, that books are lame?
Jesus fuels with 89 Octane and so do I. Eat it, heritics. -Halo

Postby Hapoppo » Thu Jan 23, 2003 11:13 pm

I was well aware, but the thing is, all those Marios were the N64 models. So, the only way they can justify saying that it's based on the 100 Marios engine is if a) it's basically another Mario Sunshine, or b) it really does have the multiple Marios; and unless they were just planning on repeating Mario Sunshine and pissing people off by getting their hopes up on the promise of a shinnah new Mario game, I'm thinking it still will have all 100 Marios. Quite frankly, I think it opens up some pretty interesting possibilities.

Postby Wildcard » Thu Jan 23, 2003 11:18 pm

"Further Details are scarce at the moment, but Miyamoto did have this message for the fans regarding Mario 128: "I believe that with this game you'll be able to feel the newness that was missing from Mario Sunshine."
--GameInformer

Also the mario they show has 700 polygons per character (Way more than 64 OR Sunshine I believe), and he's a good bit skinnier than in 64.

Postby Hapoppo » Thu Jan 23, 2003 11:20 pm

Indeed he did. In fact, indeed all 100 of 'em did. I've never actually seen that demo in action, but I bet it's awesome to watch.

Postby Dave » Thu Jan 23, 2003 11:33 pm

Another Mario game sweet. But the demo wasn't like WOW HOLY CRAP WOW or anything it was just neat there are a billion Mario's everywhere and they're doing stuff.
WiNg0o wrote:To be honest I thought Dave just existed. In the beginning there was Dave.
Administrator

Postby Nix » Thu Jan 23, 2003 11:45 pm

After that gay looking Zelda game for GC where Link looks like he was drawn by an artist working for Fischer-Price, I've really lost a lot of faith in Shigeru Miyamoto.

Postby Dave » Fri Jan 24, 2003 2:47 am

You may not agree with the graphics (I like cell shading personally) but guaranteed the game rocks hardcore. I mean take Pikmin it looks liks an acid trip or something and it's one of the best games EVER... for the short short short time you played it before you conquer the thing. But if my only complaint is that I want more of it that's a complaint I can live with.
WiNg0o wrote:To be honest I thought Dave just existed. In the beginning there was Dave.
Administrator

Postby Lengeta » Fri Jan 24, 2003 3:56 am

Gabe:
This game looks fucking amazing. I’d say it was the best looking game I saw at the Show today. I would also say it’s probably the best looking game I’ve ever seen in my entire goddamned life. We all just stood there mesmerized by it, with our mouths wide open. Until you have seen this game running you cannot possibly comprehend how gorgeous it is. It’s like a big “fuck you” to all the people who bitched about the cartoon look.

Batjew:
Zelda for GC. I didn't say anything when those screenshots came out because I wanted to wait and see. I have very little faith for just about everything, but when it comes to anything Link-related I don't bat an eye. All I have to say is Zelda is the only reason I bought a N64, and this Zelda is why I'm going to buy a GC now. To everyone that said they thought it looked horrible? You're dead fucking wrong. It's God Damn FANTASMICAL. Gabe overheard two fire-breathing shit-eaters make a snide comment about the graphics. I don't know how anyone could be that stupid and stubborn with something like that right in front of them. OH NO WAIT, yes I do! The kind of fucking idiots that breathe fire and eat shit. Good God, it's an amazing piece of work. Everyone shut up, wait and see. If you don't think it's groin-grabbingly good, you probably breath fire and eat shit. Even though that's my opinion PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SEND ME RETARDED HATE MAIL "CORRECTING" ME, THX.

And the BEST quote:
Tycho:
I think that the new Zelda is something that needs to be seen to be believed, and needs to be played to be understood. If you have done both and not come away impressed, I think that you need a new hobby. I'm not kidding. When something this great comes along, and you're simply to jaded to appreciate it, there's other things you could be doing you might derive more pleasure from.

These are OTHER's ppls opinion, but I suggest AT LEAST waiting for Cel-da to come out before critizising it. I mean, Zelda is one of the most popular games EVER in the history of EVER, and It's never fail ANYONE in the past. Just because they turn it a different way... lets just wait.

Postby zepherin » Fri Jan 24, 2003 6:26 am

I don't think I could handle another mario game. Those eat up my freetime like a bitch.
Zeph do you ever tire of being perfect? ~Dave
Zeph is still awesome though. ~Rival
I love you so much right now Zeph. ~Yoshi
I love you Zeph. You and your simple yet humorous topic-breakers. ~Coos
Zeph has left me inspired. ~Mathias
Zeph is so awesome even soulless bits of binary worship him. ~Wizard
Curse YOU ZEPH! CURSE YOU! ~JesusChrist
WE ARE SORRY THAT WE ARE NOT AS PERFECT AS YOU, ZEPH! ~Stufflikehearts
Zepherin for forum queen and writer of the best seller "how to screw your brethen up for dummies". ~ The Mirak

Postby Hapoppo » Fri Jan 24, 2003 10:06 am

Nix wrote:After that gay looking Zelda game for GC where Link looks like he was drawn by an artist working for Fischer-Price, I've really lost a lot of faith in Shigeru Miyamoto.

LOL NIX YOU SAID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111 ZELDA MORE LIKE CEL-DA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111 TAHT GAME IS SO STUPID LINK LOOKS SO GAY LOL ROTFL LMAO

Seriously, Nix, you were the LAST person I'd have expected to have made such a shallow judgement.

Postby Wildcard » Fri Jan 24, 2003 11:21 am

Meh I was ina greement with Nix so I can't say anything. It looks pretty fuggin retarded til you see it in full motion.

Postby Nix » Fri Jan 24, 2003 1:35 pm

Fanboy 1: "Hey, someone just took a shit on a plate and left it on Nintendo's display table!"

Fanboy 2: "Idiot, thats not shit, thats SHIGERU MIYAMOTO'S SHIT!"

Fanboy 1: "Holy fuck you're right, now I love it!"

Fanboy 2: "This is the greatest shit ever, I'm going to kill my parents and steal all their money just so I can buy this shit!"

Fanboy 1: "And how! Mine are already dead and their money is in my pocket!"

Fanboy 2: "You know what else? If someone doesn't like this shit, then its because they're shallow and not a 'real gamer' like me!"

Fanboy 1: "Damn straight, this shit has to been SEEN to be believed"

Fanboy 2: "Hell fucking yes! Stupid shallow motherfuckers, when will they learn!"

Fanboy 1: "Penny Arcade even likes this shit! Fuck, I'd play a game about masturbating horses if Penny Arcade reccomended it!"

Postby Wildcard » Fri Jan 24, 2003 1:43 pm

lol I used to be a fanboy til Mario Sunshine came out. Then I was just kinda...tired of the whole deal. I mean I played it a little but it never really did anything for me. It was Mario 64.5 But I'm genuinely excited about Celda AND the re-release of Ocarina of TIme for the game cube. Every article I see on Celda dissapoints me cause it looks gayer and gayer (They showed him with his "magic music wand"...gah fugging goodness)...but every time I see a video of it in action I'm like "Aw sheet...here comes another good Zelda game!". I'll tell you after I get it which opinion ends up being true.

Postby Hapoppo » Fri Jan 24, 2003 10:24 pm

Fanboy 1: Hey, I think the game's shit because I don't like the graphics!

Fanboy 2: Really! I haven't even played the game and I know it's shit! Because the graphics are lame! GRRR!!!

Fanboy 1: I sniff tampons!

Fanboy 2: Me too!

See where I'm getting at? I'm not saying it kicks ass just because it's made by Miyamoto, I'm saying you're judging a goddamn game you haven't even played yet. It's a GAME, dude, you're supposed to be judging it by its GAMEPLAY.

Postby Shadow The Rat » Fri Jan 24, 2003 10:28 pm

How about until the game comes out and you play it and make a proper judgement you all shut up about it?

Think about it: If graphics are so important, then how come you still play your old NES and other consoles? Eternal Darkness has subpar graphics becausde it was supposed to be a N64 game, but it still was awesome nonetheless.

Postby Hapoppo » Fri Jan 24, 2003 10:35 pm

Thank you.

Postby Smaug » Fri Jan 24, 2003 10:45 pm

Nix, i wasnt reallyt expectin that from you either. meh, to each is own. yes i wish the graphics were different. its not so much the cel-shaded part as the cutsie part. but meh, i can deal.

Postby Nix » Fri Jan 24, 2003 11:00 pm

I'm not going to support the bastardization of a classic video game franchise by playing a piece of shit like that.

If Nintendo wants to turn themselves into a company that makes games for 2 year olds, thats fine, just don't expect me to shell out cash to help them.

We've all played Zelda games since they first came out, and I demand a certain level of quality go into them. Why the fuck should we take a step BACKWARDS from the magnificent graphics of Ocarina of time or Majora's Mask? Theres no justification for it whatsoever.

I played and will continue to play games for my NES because at the time they're graphics we excellent. Time and effort went into producing a quality gaming experience for people, which consisted of gameplay AND graphics.

What would you say if the next Resident Evil featured nothing but shitty cartoon characters that look like something from the Smurfs? Is that a game you'd run out to buy? FUCK NO.

If demanding that the level of quality in my video games increase or at LEAST remain steady makes me stupid, then I guess I'm one stupid motherfucker.

Postby Hapoppo » Fri Jan 24, 2003 11:02 pm

Thank you Nix, you have now been labelled "shallow". And yes, Resident Evil: Smurf's Cut would still be fun.

Postby Nix » Fri Jan 24, 2003 11:04 pm

You and the other Nintendo fanboys can call me whatever you like, but when it comes down to it you're the one kissing Miyamotos ass.

Postby Hapoppo » Fri Jan 24, 2003 11:08 pm

The most sad part about that statement is, you're judging a game you've enver even played and you're calling me the fanboy.

Postby Nix » Fri Jan 24, 2003 11:16 pm

Whatever, I'm through arguing with you about this.

Dealing with a Nintendo Zealot is like dealing with a Jehovahs witness, you just close the door, shake your head, and walk away.

Return to Snafu General Discussion