the sunday comics

Primary discussion forum. Also, feel free this use as a hangout for fans of the funny non-story based comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby Lengeta » Thu Jan 23, 2003 2:45 pm

Oh, I know its a movie. I've actually seen a TINY TINY part of it. Plus, I'm flat broke, so no renty, and its Super Bowl weekend. I mean, screw the Super Bowl, but WOO to the party (at mine or daves house). Maybe though, everyone in my hometown will want to watch a movie, and I'll recomend it.

Postby Nix » Thu Jan 23, 2003 2:47 pm

You damn well better. I didn't know Dave was a Superbowl type guy.

Postby Sidious » Thu Jan 23, 2003 2:48 pm

Not watching the Super Bowl?! What kind of green blooded commie are you anyways!!! :gun:
I am the sexual teddy bear

The Hardcore Empire

Postby Shadow The Rat » Thu Jan 23, 2003 2:51 pm

I watch the Super Bowl for the mad amounts of alcohol and funny commercials, what's not to love? imagine the actual game as the annoying commercial breaks. That's when you start doing shots.

Postby Lengeta » Thu Jan 23, 2003 2:52 pm

Oh, no no no, Dave is defenatly not a SuperBowl guy, but there will still be a party. For instance, New Years. Well, we party at Dave's, and OH what a party, but two years ago, we didn't know it was the new year till one of our friends said it was like 1:30. And this year, still, no one cares, they just want to have a good fun time. Were FAR more conserned about John NOT being the monkey since hes short and cheap, than what we are holding the party for. Basically, we might not even watch the superbowl (but i bet we will), just call it a superbowl party.

Postby Nix » Thu Jan 23, 2003 2:52 pm

Football sucks. Actually, come to think of it, pretty well all sports suck.

I don't see the point in watching a bunch of steroid-pumped morons run around in the mud chasing a brown, egg-shaped ball all afternoon. I mean really, I don't get the attraction to sports at all. Every year its the same damn field/arena/court/diamond, the same rules, the same players (mostly) nothing NEW ever happens.

"Oh wow, he ran a ball to their side of the field!"
"Oh my god, did you see him run that ball to their side of the field?"
"Nobody runs a ball to the side of a field like that guy!"
"I've never seen ANYONE run a ball to the end of a field like that!"
"This is WAY better than the last game I saw, and totally different. I mean in THAT game, they had this guy who just ran the ball to the end of the field. That can't compare to this.".

Woo, I'm getting excited just writing about it.

Postby Lengeta » Thu Jan 23, 2003 2:54 pm

I'm in agreence with you Nix. Watching sports suck, but playing sports on the other hand is WAY fun. I'm all play, don't watch.

Postby Nix » Thu Jan 23, 2003 2:55 pm

Here here to that. I may loathe the very thought of watching sports, but I'd play baseball once in a while, or go skiing, or play floor hockey.

Postby Lengeta » Thu Jan 23, 2003 3:00 pm

Dave has AIR HOCKEY!!!!! WOOOOOOOO!!!
w00t

Postby Wildcard » Thu Jan 23, 2003 3:03 pm

Only good sports to watch are the olympics and only certain events. As gay as it looks and sounds Greco Roman wrestling is a pure battle of man against man.
[22:38] <DJ_Cyni-Cole> you're tell me, a writer, that books are lame?
Jesus fuels with 89 Octane and so do I. Eat it, heritics. -Halo

Postby Aetre » Thu Jan 23, 2003 4:12 pm

Best Sport Ever: Professional bass fishing. Get paid to sit in a boat and drink beer = hell yeah.

Gayest Sport Ever: Two-man bobsled. Nuff said.
An Oblivion's Indigo
sci-fi novel in progress
new chapter every sunday

Postby BlackMage » Thu Jan 23, 2003 4:16 pm

lol yeah i forgot about Dilbert that was a way cool comic! lol
"Shit Happens... Especially when there's LAG!"

Postby Nix » Thu Jan 23, 2003 4:27 pm

I hate the Olympics more than words can say.

UFC is pretty cool, I hear.

Postby Slacker-Beta » Thu Jan 23, 2003 8:24 pm

stupid Olympics, the Olympics might even be in vancouver in 2010, WHAT THE HELL!, send them back to greece for crying out load, why are they even in canada, first of all, we never win any metals, Vancouver is the biggist scumpit in all of canada, hell victoria is the center of the cults, and they want to bring the Olympics to that!, WHATS WRONG WITH YOU!
"Lets all go for a swim in my pool, and by pool i mean BATHTUB and by swim i mean SEX!"-JFK, CloneHigh.

Postby Smaug » Thu Jan 23, 2003 11:55 pm

Nix, football is seriously the most complicated sport. ever. cuz ya. it just is.
i really dont feel like proving it but if you try to argue the point ill shoot ya down. SO NO FOOTBALL JOCKS ARENT DUMB!! WOOO!

Postby Dave » Fri Jan 24, 2003 3:08 am

Football is dumb because it's so damn complicated. But woo to the sport where 50% of the team can suck balls but other people can carry it. I mean seiriously in Tennis if you suck you lose in Football if you suck oh well the quarterback just won't pass to you. If you can't tell I'm SOOOO not a team player I need the glory/shame for myself. Although I far prefer double Tennis to singles but still one or two people tops. I don't even like Basketball cuz it's too many people. four against four Volleyball is alright though. Weird that that one more person makes such a big difference. Nix what's floor hockey? Oh and I can't stand watching sports either. But I LOVE the olympics big time. I'm all about the Ice Skating, Snowboarding, gymnastics. Holy hell I could watch that stuff ALL day. Especially gymnastics. I mean seriously I basically have a crush on this gymnastic girl even though as far as I can tell she IS a complete bitch. But I can't help it. Anyways I'm sidetracking. Oh Wayne I have a signed t-shirt from Roulon Gardner hanging on my wall right now. Don't particularly like wrestling but Rulon is a god.
WiNg0o wrote:To be honest I thought Dave just existed. In the beginning there was Dave.
Administrator

Postby Lengeta » Fri Jan 24, 2003 4:12 am

WOO to the snowboarding aspects of the Olympics. I really do enjoy watching such things (skateboarding, BMX, etc., all the X-games stuff), so I guess I DO like to watch some sports. But WITH the olympics, you do have to respect the peoples abilities. I mean, fuck, I could care less if I could do that, and all that training is pretty gay (and thats ALOT of gay [timewise]), but still, these guys are GOOD (most of them).

And Ceasar, NO football isn't the most complicated sport, Super Smash Bros. Melee is, BY FAR!!!!

Postby zepherin » Fri Jan 24, 2003 6:31 am

I am so bad at tennis, I'm so so at vollyball, I'm pretty good at basketball, if there's a lot of people playing football I'm really good if there aren' many players then I suck, but yeah tennis is fun.

and since I didn't respond earlier I use to read wolverine, punisher, calvine and hobs, and garfield
Zeph do you ever tire of being perfect? ~Dave
Zeph is still awesome though. ~Rival
I love you so much right now Zeph. ~Yoshi
I love you Zeph. You and your simple yet humorous topic-breakers. ~Coos
Zeph has left me inspired. ~Mathias
Zeph is so awesome even soulless bits of binary worship him. ~Wizard
Curse YOU ZEPH! CURSE YOU! ~JesusChrist
WE ARE SORRY THAT WE ARE NOT AS PERFECT AS YOU, ZEPH! ~Stufflikehearts
Zepherin for forum queen and writer of the best seller "how to screw your brethen up for dummies". ~ The Mirak

Postby Kris » Fri Jan 24, 2003 7:09 am

Ice Skating rules. Best sport to watch ever.

Too bad I suck at just about every...oh...oh wait... no... I suck at EVERY sport there is...except ones that involve being in bed.
Kris: that's Han Solo
Nix: That guys always smoking foo's
Nix: He be all "Nigga Vada please!"

Darkstar Studios
----------------------------------------------
Wildcard: Kris is the most beautiful man alive
Kris: aww, thanks Wayne

Postby Lengeta » Fri Jan 24, 2003 8:37 am

being in bed = BEST SPORT EVER!!!

Postby Wildcard » Fri Jan 24, 2003 11:16 am

Dave wrote:Oh Wayne I have a signed t-shirt from Roulon Gardner hanging on my wall right now. Don't particularly like wrestling but Rulon is a god.

Thats pretty damn sweet. Oh and another kick ass sport? World's Strongest Men competitions. There is NOTHING like watching approx. 30 irish and scandanavian dudes see how fast they can pull a semi thats strapped to their back. I mean geez...the stuff they do doesn't even seem humanly possible. I'd like to see some stuff like the original olympics (minus the nudity). Supposedly during a long jump, one greek olympiad jumped so high and far that when he landed he missed the sandpit and hit the running track with enough force to shatter the stone (and every leg in his body). Damn.
[22:38] <DJ_Cyni-Cole> you're tell me, a writer, that books are lame?
Jesus fuels with 89 Octane and so do I. Eat it, heritics. -Halo

Postby Sidious » Fri Jan 24, 2003 1:13 pm

The scottish games, those fuckin rock.

Ice skating is just the best sport for stories related to the sport. IE Nancy Kerrigan, the French Judge and shit.

Co ed kama sutra, now thats the sport for me
I am the sexual teddy bear

The Hardcore Empire

Postby Nix » Fri Jan 24, 2003 1:53 pm

Floor hockey is sweet, Dave.

You use regular hockey sticks only they are made of plastic so that getting hit by one hurts about a MILLION times less. You also don't wear skates, you play on a Gymnasium floor that is smooth just wearing normal shoes. The puck is plastic too, and not totally solid, so its easier to raise it and pass it, and because it is lighter it glides across the floor like a regular puck does in ice hockey.

Because the sticks are much less likely to hurt someone, as is the puck, you play without padding which makes the game much more entertaining. There is also no contact between players, so instead of just trying to injure the other teams best players, you actually try to score goals instead.

Finally there are some rules about movement too. Defensemen can not cross the center line and must stay in your end, Goalies cannot leave the crease, Wingers (or Forwards) cannot cross the center line and must stay in the other teams end, and centers can move anywhere BUT the crease.

Floor hockey is amazing because its one of those sports where you don't have to worry about getting hurt, you don't have to be 400lbs of a muscle to play, and its more about talent and scoring points than just knocking people down.

Previous

Return to Snafu General Discussion