Colbert is a god

Primary discussion forum. Also, feel free this use as a hangout for fans of the funny non-story based comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby Smaug » Tue May 02, 2006 11:53 pm

Yeah, I didn't like the third part as much. But the first two were pretty good.

Postby Dave » Wed May 03, 2006 12:08 am

Agreed. I'd have to say they got progressively worse. The first part good, second part ok, third part not very good at all.
WiNg0o wrote:To be honest I thought Dave just existed. In the beginning there was Dave.
Administrator

Postby Crash » Wed May 03, 2006 5:51 am

'if you want something, just talk softly into your table numbers, and someone from the NSA will be along shortly with a cocktail'
brilliance.
Learning Kanji is like trying to memorize a cartoon, how to draw it, what the caption is, and what the caption MEANS. and most of the time there's more than one caption.

Postby Jonathon Redley » Thu May 04, 2006 6:22 am

freeyourmind775 wrote:Well, would you bash the president with the CIA/NSA/SS nearby?
I wouldn't.

It's a Presidential roast. The President gets roasted by a comedian for the purpose of humoring the audience. This year, it didn't exactly work out so well, at least in my opinion.

And why would you worry about bashing the President at a roast? Especially if you do it in joke form (whether or not it's a GOOD joke is dependant on the audience's laughter. Colbert didn't really elicit a lot of laughs). Besides, this is George W. Bush we're talking about, not the Pope. People make fun of him all the time.
Quote of the Moment
Nix wrote:Forget constructive dialog, debate or differing points of view; from now on I think we should all just throw shoes whenever we disagree with somebody. That's what civilized, responsible people do. Eat shoe, political detractors!

Postby freeyourmind775 » Thu May 04, 2006 6:57 am

Yea, but not when he's right there.
I mean, it's different to make nfun of him on the forum.
I doubt very many people could walk upto the leader one of the most powerful nations on earth and make fun of him without hesitation.
***My favorite Video***
How well do you know me (So what if I'm a trend whore?)
Gamertag: Intelguy775
The story of my Deployment
The funny thing is that the crime looked well thought out. If he hadn't beaten himself into submission he might have made off with some serious loot. -Spazmonkey
Australia won't be joining with England until they apologise for dumping us on an island :( -Yoshi
Bubbles aren't sharp. -Ace of Flames
Figures an all powerful ring wouldn't be enough for a woman. - Halo

Postby Jonathon Redley » Thu May 04, 2006 7:50 am

True.

But I doubt you'd get shot at by the Secret Service.

Unless it involved punching him. Then your weight would double, just from all of the bullet lead entering your body.
Quote of the Moment
Nix wrote:Forget constructive dialog, debate or differing points of view; from now on I think we should all just throw shoes whenever we disagree with somebody. That's what civilized, responsible people do. Eat shoe, political detractors!

Postby Luffy » Thu May 04, 2006 11:05 am

freeyourmind775 wrote:...the leader one of the most powerful nations on Earth...
We're an empire now?
Image"It's ever so magical to discover that nearly every adult you've ever met, particularly your parents, has been lying to you for as long as you can remember for absolutely no reason, and that has never ruined the holiday for anyone at all, fuckers."-Awthe, saying what every little boy and girl should be saying when they find out Santa isn't real.

Postby Smaug » Thu May 04, 2006 11:21 am

Ummmm Luffy that's a dumb point to argue. We without a doubt hold the most influence over what happens in this world. Empire, no. Powerful nation, yes.

Postby Luffy » Thu May 04, 2006 11:41 am

He said pural, that's what I'm talking about.
Image"It's ever so magical to discover that nearly every adult you've ever met, particularly your parents, has been lying to you for as long as you can remember for absolutely no reason, and that has never ruined the holiday for anyone at all, fuckers."-Awthe, saying what every little boy and girl should be saying when they find out Santa isn't real.

Postby Dave » Thu May 04, 2006 11:47 am

uh no "one of the most powerful NATIONS on earth" isn't a plural because it's "ONE of" all the nations. Just a lil english miss understanding.

And we basically are an empire though. The 13 colony's were very seperate and from very different countries/origins and they joined together as one. Each state added since is practically like a country in Europe except for we've all agreed to become apart of this larger whole and share federal government language and holidays. Not to mention we have territories so yeah it's fairly Emprie-ish. But yeah Luffy you just missunderstood.
WiNg0o wrote:To be honest I thought Dave just existed. In the beginning there was Dave.
Administrator

Postby Luffy » Thu May 04, 2006 12:42 pm

Oops.

Postby zepherin » Thu May 04, 2006 12:44 pm

China pwns us.
Zeph do you ever tire of being perfect? ~Dave
Zeph is still awesome though. ~Rival
I love you so much right now Zeph. ~Yoshi
I love you Zeph. You and your simple yet humorous topic-breakers. ~Coos
Zeph has left me inspired. ~Mathias
Zeph is so awesome even soulless bits of binary worship him. ~Wizard
Curse YOU ZEPH! CURSE YOU! ~JesusChrist
WE ARE SORRY THAT WE ARE NOT AS PERFECT AS YOU, ZEPH! ~Stufflikehearts
Zepherin for forum queen and writer of the best seller "how to screw your brethen up for dummies". ~ The Mirak

Postby BobSagat » Thu May 04, 2006 4:05 pm

Asia pwns ALL.

Our sweat-shop children already rule the world.

You just don't know it.
ImageImageImageImageImage
2pro

Re: Colbert is a god

Postby OhTehHugeManatee » Fri May 05, 2006 1:47 am

Stephen Colbert is my hero, and Dave (and anyone else involved) MAD props for posting that, I would never have seen it and laughed hysterically. Oh, and to the people saying he didn't bash him hard enough, he bashed enough not to get edited but still give a frownie face to Bush, oh and seriously pay attention, the ice berg comment is bashing Bush in a way. Actually, most of what he says in some way is bashing Bush, his affiliates or policies.

Oh, and if that car was actually made the roads would become so incredibly delicious...
There's something about people being on fire that touches my soul...inappropriately...but I liked it - me
My cup is half full...but its probably poisoned - Ever the optimistic (me).
I am INVINCIBLE!!! Not even my own body can kill me! - 5.4.06 After news of complete recovery.

Re: Colbert is a god

Postby Raven » Fri May 05, 2006 1:12 pm

The way he speaks to Antonin Scalia is amazing. Also when he speaks to Ray Nagin.

"I'd like to welcome you to Washington D.C.: The chocolate city with a marshmallow center."

...Yes!
Signature.

Previous

Return to Snafu General Discussion