Java

Primary discussion forum. Also, feel free this use as a hangout for fans of the funny non-story based comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Java

Postby Dave » Tue Jan 21, 2003 11:35 pm

Can any of you guys program in Java? Cuz I'm fuckin dead.
WiNg0o wrote:To be honest I thought Dave just existed. In the beginning there was Dave.
Administrator

Postby maxx_unlimited » Tue Jan 21, 2003 11:42 pm

Programming a caffeine filled drink?... ;)

Sorry, can't help ya :(

why does ":(" cry?
Last edited by maxx_unlimited on Wed Jan 22, 2003 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Dave » Wed Jan 22, 2003 12:07 am

I can't help me either. I quit screw this class it's made me miserable in a otherwise great semester. I quit I quit I quit. Maybe I'll take sheep fucking 101 or self amputation 1210 or one of those other FUNNER classes. Damn programing damn it to hell (and Smaug I do mean damn not make it feel bad.)
WiNg0o wrote:To be honest I thought Dave just existed. In the beginning there was Dave.
Administrator

Postby HaloGray » Wed Jan 22, 2003 12:10 am

java = c++ with longer words....

What do you need help with Dave... it's a long shot but I may be able to help.

Postby Slacker-Beta » Wed Jan 22, 2003 12:11 am

just do what i do when im in a class i hate, fly by the seat of your pants.
"Lets all go for a swim in my pool, and by pool i mean BATHTUB and by swim i mean SEX!"-JFK, CloneHigh.

Postby Dave » Wed Jan 22, 2003 12:12 am

well the thing is I'm fucked and that's all there is to it. I've decided I'm checking out. Boo to this class boo.

I can't even login anymore I don't know how the hell to work the applet (what the fuck.) and yeah I hate this class. What I'm working on though is making pictures with Java that look like ass and are a complete waste of time. fuckin prick Tod Amon.
Administrator

Postby Kris » Wed Jan 22, 2003 12:17 am

hmm... I have to learn how to sew buttons, hems, seams, sleaves, pockets, hooks, make a pillow, learn to hand stitch, learn how to use a sewing machine....

Ok, it may not be as bad as learning java programming, but it's my own little hell, and I loathe my costume class.
So I can feel the pain, Dave....sort of.
Kris: that's Han Solo
Nix: That guys always smoking foo's
Nix: He be all "Nigga Vada please!"

Darkstar Studios
----------------------------------------------
Wildcard: Kris is the most beautiful man alive
Kris: aww, thanks Wayne

Postby Wildcard » Wed Jan 22, 2003 12:17 am

I had moments like that in engineering. Like when Matlab would take my script and lock up and dissapear. Great fun.
[22:38] <DJ_Cyni-Cole> you're tell me, a writer, that books are lame?
Jesus fuels with 89 Octane and so do I. Eat it, heritics. -Halo

Postby Dave » Wed Jan 22, 2003 12:54 am

Well I called my parents told them of my plan to just say fuck it and they agree (I've been bitching about this class three times a week for two weeks.) I'm thinking the teacher just sucks and I don't want to deal with him anymore. Layne I'll take this class in the summer up at your school. look into Object Oriented Programing summer courses would yah?

Then yeah Kris I know how miserable sewwing is. I took Home Ec in Middle school. lets say it's not one of my talents. In fact Shop sucked to. My checkerboard resembled a picaso more than the paterened square serface it should have. But enough wood glue and everything works. Just ask the beavers thats how they do it I'm sure of it.
Administrator

Postby Lengeta » Wed Jan 22, 2003 2:55 am

Dave:

Java IS worthless, but they make you learn it before you go into C++, which is soo much better, but still programming. I took Java, but I've forgotten EVERYTHING. MAYBE I could still help you, but probly not, and your not taking it anyway. I DO have an old roomate that might know his shit, but I bet he's forgoten too. But he's a stud, so we'll call him anyway.

Um, what exactly do you what to know about OOP? UVSC gots a good computers scince department, if you don't count the 2 teacher that bearly speak english.

PS. wait till your in assembly, so much worse, but not quite as useless.

Postby zepherin » Wed Jan 22, 2003 3:44 am

I like java, so screw you guys.
Zeph do you ever tire of being perfect? ~Dave
Zeph is still awesome though. ~Rival
I love you so much right now Zeph. ~Yoshi
I love you Zeph. You and your simple yet humorous topic-breakers. ~Coos
Zeph has left me inspired. ~Mathias
Zeph is so awesome even soulless bits of binary worship him. ~Wizard
Curse YOU ZEPH! CURSE YOU! ~JesusChrist
WE ARE SORRY THAT WE ARE NOT AS PERFECT AS YOU, ZEPH! ~Stufflikehearts
Zepherin for forum queen and writer of the best seller "how to screw your brethen up for dummies". ~ The Mirak

Postby Shadow The Rat » Wed Jan 22, 2003 3:48 am

Best way to get past Java:

Learn Flash.

Postby Dave » Wed Jan 22, 2003 3:52 am

I don't care about the Computer Science program I just want to know if they have Object Oriented Programing in the summer. Find out Layne it's your new job. Zeph you you you where were you like 5 hours ago? Too late now my mind is soooo made up. Oh and by the way Layne after Java I NEVER need to take a programing class again. No C++ no Assembly (why would you take that one anyways?) no C sharp nothin. Just this damned Java and I will never program again. thus I want to take it in the summer when it will be quick and it's the only class I'll have. Plus by then I'll have figured out someway to cheat on the programing through the internet... or your old roomate.
Administrator

Postby Dave » Wed Jan 22, 2003 3:54 am

Flash huh. I would like to learn Flash cuz it would be fun and all. But I don't see that one happening anytime soon either. Thanks for the advice though. Flash is probalby the next program I'll teach myself when I get the chance. Then I'll go to Maya or 3D studio. But everytime I think I know what I'm doing in Photoshop I learn something new so I might never move on from PS. oh well.
Administrator

Postby Lengeta » Wed Jan 22, 2003 3:59 am

Will check.

BTW, eric and shawn wanna move into a house. If you (and john?) come here, we should live together for the fun to be had, and the cheaperness.

Postby Dave » Wed Jan 22, 2003 4:17 am

so far my plans are me John and Dave. I guess it's possible we could move in with you guys but... ewww. I dunno if we're close enough friends to live with each other we'd probalby end up hating each other within the first month. It's probalby better to have seperate houses.
Administrator

Postby Shadow The Rat » Wed Jan 22, 2003 4:19 am

Lately I've been working with Flash and Dreamweaver, and might I say, it makes a mighty powerful combo. Both are very easy to learn though, the Flash tutorials that come with the program are very awesome. the possibilities are limitless.

IM if you want Macromedia Studio MX, by the way. Hope you have Nero Burning Rom installed tho.

Okay, maybe I'm just a Flash whore as of late, but still, the option's there...

Postby Lengeta » Wed Jan 22, 2003 4:27 am

Dave, I want to move in with you guys then. What do you mean were not good friends?? See, Eric is the messiest kid I KNOW, and Shawn is pretty bad too. Besides, I've lived with Eric for 2 years, and I could use a nice change.

Postby HaloGray » Wed Jan 22, 2003 8:55 am

I use Flash n Dreamweaver.... the rock everything.

Postby Wildcard » Wed Jan 22, 2003 10:57 am

Shadow The Rat wrote:Best way to get past Java:

Learn Flash.

No way...so if I know Flash Script I could easily learn Java? Cause Flash script is getting close to being a second language for me. The only thing I have proiblems with is arrays and thats ause Flash arrays are freakidy deakidy.

Postby HaloGray » Wed Jan 22, 2003 11:21 am

actionscript (flash)
IS java.... it's the same damn thing. Macromedia based actionscript off of it.. and it's slowly moving apart, but if you look at the code way back in flash 4 (where I began drawing stick figures masterbating) ... it basicly IS javascript. So yeah, even though now in the MX age it's different enough, it's still only a stones throw away from java.

Postby Sidious » Wed Jan 22, 2003 11:26 am

I know someone who could teach ya Java Dave..

but he says it will cost your immortal soul
I am the sexual teddy bear

The Hardcore Empire

Postby Dave » Wed Jan 22, 2003 2:45 pm

yeah well here's what I think about Java :shock: :ogle: >.@ >.< :angry: :cussing: :brickwall: :bird: :zzz: Thus was the exact duplicate of my day. oh and HOORAY for emoticons.
Administrator

Postby Nix » Wed Jan 22, 2003 3:05 pm

Way back when I was in HS (my first HS) I had to take Java/C+ type shit in OAC Computers (thats Canada's way of saying the last, hardest computer class you can take in HS). Anyways, my teacher asks how many of us had learned programming, every single hand except mine and my friend Nick's goes up.

What does my teacher do? He says "I'm not going to bother teaching it if only 2 people are new, you guys are smart, I'm sure you'll pick it up."

After that he put two overheads up with big fucking programs I knew nothing about, then he divided us into groups to do a programming project worth like 20% of our yearly grade.

I lucked out and got put with my friend Carl who is a genius, so he just said "Forget about it, I'll do the whole thing". So I just sat there and did jack. I was so pissed at my computer teacher I wanted to tear his testicles off and beat him with them. Later on I repaid Carl when we had to do a webdesign project together and *I* did the whole thing.

Postby Wildcard » Wed Jan 22, 2003 3:30 pm

Ugh I've been there...the only guy who knew anything in the group. I had an engineering project (reason I quit engineering) and we had to make a program that would plot your financial life bases on user input. The people I was with were freaking idiots. They'd tell me all this shit about how to do it and I was like "Why don't we just use a big ass array?" and they were like "That'll never work!!" Meanwhile the next day the professor walks in and shows us how to best do the project.

Big surprise he uses a big freaking array.

EVERYTHING I gave to them to do, they just fucked up. I had the whole program done so I sent it...well I forgot to send one file. So what does the idiot do? She rewrites all the programs until it no longer works. I didn't even show up the final day so I got a 0...but they said they all got A's (which is pretty sad since I did the work).

I promised myself I'd never be an engineer after that.

Next

Return to Snafu General Discussion